Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute
Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute's educational programs are focused on opportunities to educate subspecialists, colleagues, future subspecialists, future doctors and those working with us as allied health professionals, about the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease. Leveraging the synergy created when physicians of different backgrounds come together for the purpose of education, the Heart and Vascular Institute has organized several opportunities for practitioners from different areas to come and learn about the latest treatment methods.
Experts Available for Educational Talks. Presentations on a wide range of cardiovascular topics are now available through our new outreach initiative. Whether it's a formal program awarding continuing education credit, or a more casual presentation to primary care physicians or community groups, our goal is to provide current information that is appropriate in any setting.
For comments or questions about the website please contact us at PSHVIweb@hmc.psu.edu
Read and subscribe to the Cardio Report blog
Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest news in cardiovascular care. Penn State Hershey Cardio Report publishes articles by our staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Winter 2016 articles
- Non-Sternotomy Valve Surgery Eases Cardiac Recovery for Patients
- Team-based Approach to Targeted Temperature Management (TTM) Optimizes Recovery Post-Cardiac Arrest
- New Subspecialty of Adult Congenital Heart Disease Now Available to Address Unique Cardiac Needs
- Saving the Brain: Proper Anticoagulation Therapy for Patients with Atrial Fibrillation
- The Medical Minute: Music can be good medicine Music may not seem as potent as a pill, but in many cases, it’s just what the doctor ordered -- from music therapy to a program that places arts throughout Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.More...
- Mid Penn donates $11,000 to prostate cancer collaborative A donation from Mid Penn Bank will benefit an effort to improve prostate cancer care throughout central Pennsylvania.More...
- Medical Center unit earns second Gold Beacon Award for Excellence The Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has received a gold level Beacon Award for Excellence from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN).More...
- Nursing dean, students recognized by Student Nurses' Association of Pennsylvania Paula Milone-Nuzzo, dean of the Penn State College of Nursing, received the 2016 Honorary Member Award from the Student Nurses’ Association of Pennsylvania (SNAP) at its annual state convention Nov. 18 in Lancaster. Also at this year’s convention, Penn State’s SNAP chapter won the Chapter Excellence Award for the second consecutive year.More...