Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute
Penn State Heart Heart and Vascular Institute's educational programs are focused on opportunities to educate subspecialists, colleagues, future subspecialists, future doctors and those working with us as allied health professionals, about the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease. Leveraging the synergy created when physicians of different backgrounds come together for the purpose of education, the Heart and Vascular Institute has organized several opportunities for practitioners from different areas to come and learn about the latest treatment methods.
Experts Available for Educational Talks. Presentations on a wide range of cardiovascular topics are now available through our new outreach initiative. Whether it's a formal program awarding continuing education credit, or a more casual presentation to primary care physicians or community groups, our goal is to provide current information that is appropriate in any setting.
For comments or questions about the website please contact us at PSHVIweb@hmc.psu.edu
Read and subscribe to the Cardio Report blog
Greetings from Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute! I am pleased to share with you our inaugural issue of the Cardio Report. Our Institute comprises more than forty specialists in general cardiology, electrophysiology, congenital heart disease, interventional services, cardiothoracic surgery, heart failure, vascular surgery, and mechanical circulatory support. We are excited to share with you, our peers, the ways Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute is moving the field forward. Learn More >>
Winter 2015 articles
- Heart and Vascular Institute Outpaces National Rate of Transradial versus Transfemoral Artery Catheterization for PCI
- Staff Experience, Latest Technology Lead to Improved Survival-to-discharge Rates
- Novel Research Investigates Dose Dependency and Causal Relationship Between Diet and Cardiac Function
- Penn State Hershey appoints new chief financial officer Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has selected Stephen Massini to serve as the medical center’s new chief financial officer, effective April 20.More...
- The Medical Minute: Endometriosis is real -- and it’s treatable Endometriosis is difficult to diagnose, with women often being told for years that they are experiencing their ‘normal period.’ According to the Endometriosis Foundation of America, it affects one in ten women.More...
- Penn State Hershey patient to serve as 2015-16 CMN Hospitals Champion Nine-year-old Caden Capitani of Hershey, a patient at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, has been named the 2015-16 Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Champion for Pennsylvania.More...
- OSLER at Penn State Hershey accepting scholarship applications The Office for Scholarship in Learning and Education Research (OSLER) at Penn State College of Medicine invites faculty members to apply for the second annual Scholarship in Education Award.More...