Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute
Heart disease is the leading cause of death of men and women in the United States. It is important to talk with your physician about your risk factors for developing cardiovascular disease and creating a plan to help decrease the risk factors that you can control. If you are not sure if you are at risk for developing cardiovascular disease, take our on-line risk assessment.
Experts Available for Educational Talks. Presentations on a wide range of cardiovascular topics are now available through our new outreach initiative. Whether it's a formal program awarding continuing education credit, or a more casual presentation to primary care physicians or community groups, our goal is to provide current information that is appropriate in any setting.
For comments or questions about the website please contact us at PSHVIweb@hmc.psu.edu
- Joint Commission recognizes Penn State Hershey as 'Top Performer'
- The Medical Minute: Are New Statin Guidelines Cause for Concern?
- What's So Bad About Trans Fats?
- Project Health: Tips for Lowering Sodium While Eating Out
- Project Health: Potential Signs of Atrial Fibrillation
- The Medical Minute: Pumps and Pacers—A heart device primer
- The Medical Minute: Heart Health Tips for Your Valentine
- The Medical Minute: A Simple Guide to Heart Healthy Eating
- Best Doctors in America
- Penn State Hershey Heart Failure Program Receives Joint Commission Certification
Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute's (PSHVI) heart failure program has earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ for health care quality from The Joint Commission. Click to learn more
- Penn State Hershey Ventricular Assist Device Receives Joint Commission Certification
Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute's (PSHVI) has earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ for Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) from The Joint Commission.
View videos to learn more about Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute services, physicians, patients, and facilities.
Current videos include CPR technique demonstration, ECMO patient interviews, and the story of the first patient in Pennsylvania to go home with a total artificial heart.
- Children decorate flags for charity motorcycle ride A group of motorcycle riders made a special delivery to Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital on July 31. They brought large flags to be decorated by young patients.More...
- White Coat ceremony welcomes the medical student class of 2019 Members of this year’s entering medical student class of 2019 took their first step on their journey to becoming a physician on July 31 at Penn State College of Medicine’s 20th anniversary of the White Coat Ceremony.More...
- Penn State Hershey honored with two statewide achievement awards Penn State Hershey Medical Center is one of just nine hospitals statewide to be recognized through the Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania’s 2015 Achievement Awards program. The program is designed to honor hospitals and health systems for their innovation, creativity and commitment to patient care.More...
- Van Scoy named Fellow, will advance end of life planning research Dr. Lauren Van Scoy, assistant professor of medicine and humanities, has been named a Parker B. Francis Fellow. She will receive $156,000 over three years for her research project “Evaluating the impact of a conversation game on advance care planning activities.”More...