Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute is committed to helping our clients achieve a healthy level of living. This means being involved with the community not only in times of sickness, but also in keeping our patients healthy. We're accomplishing our goal in three ways:
- By making available recipes that are not only Heart Healthy, but also taste good. The recipes included in this section of the web site were created by Jan Kristensen, M.S., R.D.
- By making heart-healthy suggestions on how you can set up your own eating habits to help get your body in tune with what's good for it. Refer to the accompanying table of suggestions on what to include in your daily schedule.
- There is no "magic bullet" regarding weight loss. The formula is "calories in must be less than calories out".
- Joe Andreyo
- Smoking Cessation Program
- Pamela Bromiley
- Cured of Cardiac Rhythm Abnormalities
- Phuong Chau
- TECMO — Therapeutic Extra-Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation
- Tom Clough
- Complex Surgery Returns Him to Active Lifestyle
- Heidi Hormel
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization
- Tim Ritchie
- Ventricular Assist Device (VAD)
- Gayle Snider
- Recipient of the Arrow LionHeartTM