Dryer Lint Cleaning Instructions
Important Numbers (dialing from an on-campus telephone)
- BOC - 8096
- Bursar’s Office - 6126
- COM Human Resources - 8081
- Fire - 8888
- Hospital Information Desk - 8080
- Housing Office - 8210
- IT Help Desk - 6281
- Medical Emergencies - 8888
- Security - 8711
- Student Affairs - 4103 or 8755
- The Hershey branch of the United States Postal Service provides all mail service for University Manor Apartments and occupants. The Hershey Post Office is located at 50 North Linden Road, Hershey and their telephone number is 717-533-3356.
- University Manor East tenant’s mail will be delivered to a centralized “Mail Hub” located on the Southeast side of the complex. Keys to your corresponding numbered mail box are included in the key packet you receive during the check-in process.
- University Manor West tenant’s mail will be delivered to a centralized “Mail Hub” located in-front of the UMW laundry building. Keys to your corresponding numbered mail box are included in the key packet you receive during the check-in process.
- United States Postal Service: Tenants receiving over-sized packages from the Postal Service MUST pick them up at the Hershey Post Office. The Housing Office WILL NOT accept packages from the United States Postal Service for tenants.
- UPS: When you receive notice that a UPS package has been left at the Housing Office, please pick-up the package within one week or the package will be returned to sender.
- FedEx, Airborne, Etc.: The Housing Office WILL NOT accept any packages from Federal Express, Airborne, etc. for tenants as these packages are most frequently time-sensitive.
- All garbage, refuse and rubbish shall be placed in the designated trash and recyclable receptacles supplied by, and located in, University Manor.
- Recyclable items are grouped into two categories, based on their means of disposal:
- Commingled (These items can be mixed together)
- Newspapers (These items should be disposed of separate from the commingled items)
- Recycle Guidelines at University Manor
- Never mix or lay loose newspapers with commingled items
- Never mix plastic bags with commingled items or newspapers
- Always place recyclable material in the appropriate RECYCLE BIN.
- Aluminum, steel, and bimetal cans (i.e. soup, vegetable, soda cans, etc.)
- Glass bottles and jars (i.e. mayonnaise, canning, soda bottles, etc.)
- Plastic containers/bottles #1 and #2 only (i.e. 2 liter soda bottles, milk, water jugs and plastic containers with #1 or #2 in the recycle triangle on the container.)
- No Plastic Bags
- Newspapers – without glossy inserts
- No magazines, books or junk mail
- Items NOT Considered Appropriate for Recycling. THESE ITEMS SHOULD BE DISCARDED AS “TRASH” IN THE LARGER “TRASH” DUMPSTERS.
- Window glass or drinking glasses
- Plastic “deli-type” containers
- Aluminum foil pans
- Metal clothes hangers, etc
- The Housing Office has vacuums available for tenant use. Tenants may borrow a vacuum for twenty-four hours without charge; however, there is a $2.00 a day late fee for every additional day the vacuum is not returned.
Washer/Dryer Operating Instructions