University/Personal Property

University Manor will not be held liable for the loss, damage, or theft of any personal property or for damage or injury occurring in the apartment or elsewhere on University property. University Manor further recommends that the tenant purchase the standard Pennsylvania Broad Form HO-4 Tenant’s or Renter’s Insurance Policy. This policy would assist the tenant in insuring all of his/her personal property to its full insurable value against such losses.

The tenant shall pay for the repair of any damage to the apartment, its contents, and to all other parts of University property marred by the tenant, members of the tenant’s family, or the tenant’s guests. The amount due for repairs will be considered as additional rent, and the failure to pay such amounts when specified by the Housing Office or Director will result in “next step” actions taken against the tenant on the part of the University.