Blueprints for Wellness
Tobacco Intervention Program
Tobacco cessation aides are covered at 100% for health plan members when purchased with a prescription.The Penn State Hershey Tobacco Intervention Program is free and available to all employees (Medical Center and College)
• Comprehensive assessments and counseling will be provided by a cessation expert
• Available to spouses/partners and dependents (age 18 and older) of Medical Center health plan members
• Learn more by contacting Shari Hrabovsky at ext. 289572
Read about new initiatives for a tobacco-free campus HERE.
Walking Routes at Penn State Hershey
Looking for some outdoor walking routes on the Hershey campus? Here is a list that describes the routes, estimated number of steps and time. Try a few or try them all! Download the list >>
Telephonic Wellness and Telephonic Personal Nutrition Coaching
Telephonic Wellness Coaching - Free for Highmark members. Members meet with a personal wellness coach, registered dietitian, or exercise physiologist for sessions that last 10-20 minutes. Topics for discussion include the following:
- Review your wellness profile or biometric screening results and how it relates to your health risks
- Establish personalized goals for improving health through lifestyle behavior change
- Receive advice about weight management, tobacco cessation, nutrition, stress management, or physical activity
- Be connected to support materials and links to online tools, community programs, and gym discounts
Telephonic Personal Nutrition Coaching (PNC)
Free for Highmark members who reside in PA, WV and DE. This program pairs the Highmark member with a Registered Dietitian, who will assist that person in:
- Learning how to make healthful nutrition choices for the improvement or maintenance of overall health
- Gaining insight into basic principles of nutrition
- Addressing specific concerns such as weight loss, high cholesterol, or diabetes
Highmark members are eligible for an initial 30-50 minute call, and up to two, 30-minute follow-up sessions per calendar year.
To access Telephonic Wellness Coaching or Telephonic Personal Nutrition Coaching call Blues on Call at 888-BLUE-428 (888-258-3428), 9:00 am - 9:00 pm E.T.
The Weight Watchers benefit for 2015 features a 50% subsidy for Penn State Hershey Medical Center employees and spouses/domestic partners covered under the group health plan. The subsidy is valid for 6 consecutive months and must be used in the 2015 calendar year. The discount is applicable for the monthly pass or the online program.
To activate your 50% off Weight Watchers membership log on at https://wellness.weightwatchers.com using the Employer ID: 65871 and passcode: ww65871. The unique ID for employees is the Lawson number. The unique ID for spouses/domestic partners is the Lawson number with the letter "A" added at the end.
Full-time employees of the Penn State College of Medicine are eligible for a subsidized rate of 50% off of the regular
price of a Weight Watchers Monthly Pass or Online Membership for the first 6 months of use. After that, the employee
will be charged at the discounted Penn State corporate rate.
You will need the following information:
- Your Penn State ID number
- Penn State's Weight Watchers Company ID: 60327
- Penn State's Weight Watchers Company Passcode: WW60327
If you are a current Weight Watcher member you need to first call and cancel your membership and switch over to the Penn State Hershey benefit. Call Weight Watchers Wellness Hotline at 866.204.2885.
No reimbursement paperwork is needed. Eligible participants from the Medical Center may use the Weight Watchers benefit OR the Fit, Trim and Slim program through HVI. Participants who choose the Fit, Trim, and Slim benefit can be reimbursed for up to $200 of the $225 program fee by attending at least 80% of the sessions.
- Weight Watchers @ Work Schedule Summer/Fall/Winter 2014 (revised 6.10.14)
- WW Schedule for Thursdays in the Academic Support Building
- Read registration instructions here
Fit, Trim, and Slim
Fit, Trim, and Slim is the comprehensive 12-week weight management program led by experts at Penn State Hershey's Heart and Vascular Institute. Learn more about Fit, Trim, and Slim here.
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center employees and spouses/domestic partners covered under the group health plan are eligible to be reimbursed $200 of the fee after completing at least 80% of the program. After completion of the program, please complete the reimbursement form here. Eligible participants may use the Weight Watchers benefit OR the Fit, Trim and Slim program during the calendar year.
Submission for 2014 fitness reimbursements closed on January 31, 2015. Late submissions will not be accepted. Reimbursement for submissions entered by the deadline will be paid out by March 31, 2015.
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center’s employee wellness program is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life through optimal health. Blueprints for Wellness will promote healthy lifestyles for employees and their families by creating a culture of wellness, providing education on healthy behaviors, and empowering participants to encourage one another in healthful practices.
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center will be a leader in the community regarding successful wellness practices. It will be a place where making healthy choices at work is achievable. Blueprints for Wellness will cultivate a nurturing environment where peers encourage one another toward optimal health.