IRB Application and Resources
Basic Training: Required for ALL investigators on expedited or full review proposals:
- Register at www.citiprogram.org and select Penn State under "Participating Institutes"
- Choose "Biomedical Investigator Course" option during registration
- Select "Biomedical Research at Penn State COM & Hershey Medical Center"
Informed Consent Training: Required for all Principal Investigators:
- In the library on an HSPO computer located in the Computer Lab, 2nd floor. Pick up head phones from the library circulation desk. Instructions are posted at the computer.
Please see Penn State Hershey Human Subjects Protection Office: www.pennstatehershey.org/irb for details. Below is a summary of commonly used forms
Is this research involving human subjects? See chart 1 in: http://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/humansubjects/guidance/decisioncharts.htm#c1
- If answer is no complete the Non-Human/Non-Research Determination Form.
- If the answer is yes proceed to Step 2 below.
Does this research qualify for exemption? (Review exemption determination instructions.)
- If yes complete: Exemption Determination Form.
- If no complete: Expedited and Full Review Form.
| Number of Grants/ |
| Society for the Scientific Study of |
P.O. Box 416
Allentown, PA 18105-0416
| 2 grants/year |
| February 1st of |
|Must join SSSS|
| Infectious Disease Society of America |
Summer Scholarships for Medical
|$2000|| Usually April each |
year but check
details on web-site
| Clinical or |
any year of Medical
Health. Must be
supported by IDSA
member (see ID
| The New York Academy of Medicine |
The David E. Rogers Fellowship
Usually March but
| Preference for |
in New York half of
dedicated to HIV
care. For students
between 1st and
2nd year of
| Benjamin Kean ASTMH Traveling |
Fellowship in Tropical Medicine
|Flight + $700||April 1st 2007|| Preference to |