Welcome to the Penn State Hershey Institutional Review Board and Human Subjects Protection Office
The mission of the Penn State College of Medicine Institutional Review Board (IRB) is to advocate for the rights and welfare of human research participants and to promote high quality research by fostering an institutional culture embodying the highest ethical standards of human research. More…
Penn State’s Human Research Protection Programs have been successful in obtaining re-accreditation by the Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs. Penn State was awarded the status of full accreditation for a five-year period, effective March 12. More...
HSPO Updates and Announcements
- November 2013 - HSPO Update
- CATS-IRB Roll Out
- Consent Form Template Update
- Protocol Template Updates
- New Process for Requesting Protocol Exceptions
- September 2013 - HSPO Update
- Policy Reminder - Reportable New Information
- IRB Workshops Available
- July 2013 - HSPO Update
- IRB Review Delays
- New Policy - Reportable New Information
- Scientific Review Requirement for Research
- The Medical Minute: Poison prevention tips for spring When the days get longer and warmer, many find themselves with a desire to clean everything from the house and car to the garage and medicine cabinet. While that urge can be a good thing, it can also lead to accidental poisoning.More...
- Penn State Hershey welcomes Bethenny Frankel for annual Seasons of Health event Join Penn State Hershey Medical Center and abc27 on Saturday, April 12 for Seasons of Health 2014. It will feature a morning of meaningful and interactive wellness presentations and a health fair, all followed by brunch with keynote speaker Bethenny Frankel.More...
- Reynolds Lecture to host Dr. Augustine M.K. Choi on March 18 The Department of Medicine Herbert Y. and Anne L. Reynolds Lecture will take place from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 18, in Lecture Room D on the Penn State Hershey campus. Guest speaker Dr. Augustine M.K. Choi will present “Danger Signals in the ICU.”More...
- Nurse practitioner receives Heart Failure Award Mary Lou Osevala of the heart failure program of Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute, recently received the Heart Failure Award from the Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association.More...