Training Requirements for Human Research
Investigators and study team members for human research at Penn State Hershey are required to complete the applicable online course(s) below, and to meet the renewal requirement every 3 years. For more information about the educational requirements see the section What training is required to conduct Human Research in the Investigator Manual, available in the CATS IRB Library on the General tab. The CITI Course Instructions provide the steps to access these courses.
- Protection of Human Research Subjects - the basic IRB requirement for all key personnel
- Good Clinical Practice and ICH - additional requirement for key personnel on FDA-regulated research
Research consultations: Contact the HSPO to schedule a meeting to discuss a research submission and IRB requirements.
Educational presentations: Speakers are available to provide presentations on human subjects protection topics to departments, groups and community organizations, and may be requested by contacting the HSPO.
The HSPO offers workshops and seminars on a variety of topics, which are scheduled based on interest. Contact the HSPO to be placed on the waitlist if a apecific topic is not currently scheduled.
- CATS IRB Training
- Other workshops/seminars
- IRB Process Overview for Researchers
- Informed Consent Process for Research
- Reportable New Information for Research
- Research Document Management
- IRB Policy for Security and Integrity of Human Research Data
| || |
CATS IRB TRAINING
Reportable New Information for Research