For recent announcements and new procedures see HSPO Updates.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Penn State Hershey IRB Assurance & Representation Statement and DHHS Registration
- IRB Policies and Operating Procedures
- PSU Policy RA14 - The Use of Human Subjects in Research
- PSU Guideline RAG 16 - The Responsible Conduct of Research
MAKING IRB SUBMISSIONS
All IRB submissions are made in the CATS IRB system, http://irb.psu.edu. All of the templates for making submissions and an IRB Study Submission Guide are are available in the IRB Library withn CATS IRB, along with the IRB policies. Workshops are also available to learn the new system, posted under Educational Resources.
- Conversion of PRAMS Studies to CATS-IRB - For studies that transitioned from PRAMS to CATS IRB researchers will need to follow these conversion steps to upload study documents and complete the transition process.
- Updating Consent Forms and Converting Parental Permission Forms - CATS IRB adds a watermark to consent documents once approved. Follow these instructions to update older forms to the new template format, and to convert Parental Permission Forms to Consent Forms.
PRAMS Submission Under Review
All new submissions must be made in CATS IRB. Pending submissions that were undergoing IRB review when CATS IRB went live will be finished out in PRAMS and then automatically transition to CATS IRB.
- PRAMS Navigation Guide and PRAMS Tips
- Login to PRAMS
- Access PRAMS from home
- PRAMS Signature Pages - for all types of submissions
Other Requirements and Resources
- Data Security and Integrity (NEW requirement January 3, 2012)
- Additional Committee Reviews Required - Committee contacts list
- Conflict of Interest Review Committee (CIRC) - For details contact Office of Administration
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) - Required if using potential biohazards
- Radiation Review Form - Required if radiation is administered for research
- Use of Human Tissue for Research Form - Required if collecting tissue or specimens
- Scientific Review Requirement - Required for all investigator written human research studies
- PSHCI Scientific Review - Reviews all research involving cancer patients/data/specimens
- Biostatistical Consultations
- Ethics Consultation - CTSI Service Request Form
- Other Study Related Resources
- Research Quality Assurance Office
- Clinical Trials Office - includes Clinical Research SOPs, Generic Study Management Forms
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Clinical Research Center
- Office of Research Affairs
- Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute
- Web training for HMC electronic medical records