Group Study Room Policy
Rooms C2606 and C2607
- Group study rooms are intended for group use (3+ students) and may be reserved in advance at the Circulation Desk. The rooms are available on a first-come first-served basis. Rooms may be reserved for up to four hours at a time, no more than 2 days in advance. All group members must register and list their PSU user id (FJW2). Group study rooms are not intended for use by individuals. The carrel area is designed for individual student use.
- Initial reservations may be extended 2 hours if room is not reserved. (Please check at the Circulation Desk). Group reservations can be made at the Library circulation desk or by calling x8626.
- If a group that has reserved a group study room fails to occupy the room within 15 minutes of its reservation, the room will be made available to others.
- Rooms are reserved on a one-time basis only. Back-to-back reservations for the same room by the same group are not permitted. Multiple reservations over multiple days or regularly recurring reservations are not permitted. Saturdays and Sundays are open access; no reservations will be taken for those days.
- Group study rooms should be occupied during the reserved time. Once a group leaves the room, it will again be made available for others. Leaving personal belongings within a room does not constitute occupancy. The library is not responsible for the loss of belongings left in unattended group study rooms.
- The Library and Medical Education have priority in scheduling. Use of group study rooms is intended for currently enrolled College of Medicine students (medical, graduate and nursing students).
- Group study rooms are intended for study-related uses and problem-based learning classes.
- Occupants are responsible for the tidiness and cleanliness of the room.
- While the group study rooms are designed for group use, reasonable noise levels should be maintained. To prevent noise from leaving the room, the door should be closed at all times when a group is using a room.
- Consequence for non-compliance to the policies:
- Loss of privileges to use the study rooms may result if the room is abused and left with damage. This decision will be made at the discretion of the Library Director in consultation with the Vice Dean for Educational Affairs.
Effective: September 2006