Interlibrary Loan supports the scholarly research needs of Penn State Hershey faculty, staff and students. The Interlibrary Loan requesting system (ILLiad) is used to request:
- Materials from libraries worldwide beyond Penn State
- Articles and non-circulating materials from Penn State University Libraries at all campus locations
- Articles from print journals held in the George T. Harrell Health Sciences Library collection
ILLiad enables patrons to place and manage requests, receive electronically delivered articles, renew loans, and update their user profile.
Eligibility for Penn State Hershey - ILLiad Service
- Penn State Hershey Faculty, Staff (including Residents), Students
- Must have current Penn State Access Account (bring your valid Penn State ID to the Library Signature Station to activate or re-set your account)
- Request Guidelines
- Explanation of Request Statuses
- Article Delivery from print journals held in the Harrell Health Sciences Library
- Tutorial: how to place an Interlibrary Loan Request
Lending library charges are passed on to the individual/department requesting documents. ILL staff will make every effort to obtain loans free of charge; reciprocal agreements are in place with partnering Big Ten (CIC) Libraries. Billing instructions must be provided to process loans.
Patient Care Emergencies
Resources needed to handle patient care emergencies can be processed as a RUSH request. Please complete requests online, and also alert ILL staff by calling (717) 531-8759. ILL Fax: 717-531-8635
- WorldCat (loans)
Information For Lending to non-Penn State Libraries, please select the other tab above.
Interlibrary Loan Lending supplies loans and photocopies of materials owned by the Harrell Health Sciences Library to other academic, public, corporate, and specialized libraries.
Individuals not affiliated with Penn State Hershey are urged to contact their closest public or academic library to request Interlibrary Loan services
If you are Penn State Hershey faculty, staff or student please Click Here.