LionCare is a non-profit, student-run medical clinic that serves homeless men and women. 100% of your contribution goes toward materials to run the clinic. LionCare's staff is made up of student and physician volunteers from the Penn State College of Medicine and Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
Alternative Gift-Giving Campaign
We are continuing a tradition of alternative holiday gift-giving. We would like to invite you to participate in this Alternative Gift-Giving Campaign by donating funds toward the purchase of supplies and/or equipment for our clinic in honor of another as an alternative to traditional gift-giving this holiday season.
Here are the alternative gifts that are available. To donate please fill out the online form, mail, or call in your donation.
| $5 |
| | 1 box of exam gloves |
| 1 90-day supply of antibiotics
| 1 albuterol inhaler
| 5 cholesterol screenings
| 1 2-month supply of diabetes testing supplies
| 5 Pap smears
| 10 Hepatitis B vaccines
| 1 otoscope-ophthalmoscope
You can support us in 3 ways:
Mail your check to:
c/o Office of University Development
Penn State Hershey Medical Center
600 Centerview Drive
P.O. Box 852
Hershey, PA 17033-0852
Please make checks payable to: Penn State LionCare.
Call in your donation to the Office of University Development at 717-531-8497. Make sure to mention that your donation is for LionCare.
Donate online using Penn State's GiveToPSU donation form.
IMPORTANT! How to use this form:
- Enter the amount you wish to donate.
- Click the radio button for "A Specific Area."
- Scroll down to Option #4 -- Community Programs
- Choose "LionCare Medical Clinic" and click "Continue."
- Complete the form with "Your Information."
- Click "Continue" to submit the form.
To specify the person in whose name you gave the alternative gift, after donating via mail, phone, or online, you can fill out this form.
- LionCare Welcome
Welcome to LionCare! We are a student-run, free clinic dedicated to serving the medical, psychological, and health needs of the underserved in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Please take some time to browse our menu on the left. There you can find more About Us, learn about our multiple clinics and offerings, volunteer your time as a medical student or physician, contact us, and support our clinic.
Our Mission Statement:
- To be committed to the improvement of healthcare and its delivery to our underserved community, with specific commitment to the transient and uninsured populations found within the South-Central region of Pennsylvania.
- To promote medical awareness and improve health education within our community.
- To educate our fellow students through voluntary service not only to become better clinicians, but also to enhance the awareness of social responsibility of our future physicians.
- The Medical Minute: Genetic testing for breast cancer risk Dr. Rena Kass, director of Penn State Hershey Breast Center, said actress Angelina Jolie’s announcement regarding her double mastectomy is great publicity that will raise awareness about the genetic component of many cancers.More...
- CLIMB program puts families dealing with cancer first Penn State Hershey is hosting another session of CLIMB: Children’s Lives Include Moments of Bravery. Developed by the Children’s Treehouse Foundation, this five-week program sponsored by Penn State Hershey Breast Center addresses the psychosocial aspects of cancer as they relate to the family unit.More...
- Farmers Market in Hershey launches fourth season On Thursday, May 23, the Farmers Market in Hershey will return for its fourth season with plenty of new offerings.More...
- Penn State Hershey experts to present on IBD In an effort to help patients living with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis in central Pennsylvania, Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center experts, led by Dr. Walter Koltun, will host a patient symposium.More...