Requests for written verification of medical student enrollment at The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine can be made by mail or in person. There is no cost to the student for this service.
Requests for enrollment verification are usually for one of the following reasons:
- Deferment from undergraduate school loan
- Scholarship application
- Health insurance
- International student ID
- Military or veteran requirements
- Purchasing property or automobiles
Original written requests should contain the following information:
- Name of student
- Anticipated year of graduation
- To whom the letter should be addressed and street address
The verification letter contains the student's name, anticipated date of graduation and a statement that the student is enrolled in a full time Doctor of Medicine degree program.
Students can also bring in forms that need to be completed rather than have a letter produced. Forms are usually used for deferments, insurance, or the military.