Our ninth annual MD/PhD Retreat was held on April 6 & 7 at The Nittany Lion Inn, State College, PA. Students planned the agenda and other activities, to make the retreat not only fun, but a learning experience for all.
Match Day/Graduation 2013
Congratulations to the following students who have matched and who will graduate on Sunday, May 19, 2013:
- James Bauer - University of Wisconsin (Pathology)
- Melanie Dispenza - Northwestern (Internal Medicine)
- Kathryn Erickson-Ridout - Brown University (Psychiatry)
- Emilie Muelly - UC Davis (Radiology) Preliminary: Kaiser Santa Clara (Medicine)
- Carolina Pinzon-Guzman - Vanderbilt (General Surgery)
Welcome New MD/PhD Students Entering Fall 2013
- Sa Do (John) Kang - Duke
- Monica Manglani - Lafayette College
- Oliver Mrowczynski - UCSD
- Ruizhe (Jerry) Ren - Cornell
- Tarik Salameh - Penn State Schreyer
- Scott Tucker - Cornell
MD/PhD Second Look Day
Second Look Day was held April 18-20, 2013 for accepted students only. This gives our accepted applicants and their families another chance to return to Hershey for a second look at our campus and community. On Thursday April 18, applicants had the option of traveling to State College to meet with potential lab rotation faculty. On Friday April 19 they met with faculty on the Hershey campus for the summer lab rotation and on Saturday April 20, they participated in the medical school's events for accepted medical students.
Shane Lloyd (G3)
July 2011: Shane is conducting an experiment to study bone loss during space flight and has mice on board the Atlantis shuttle. Shane will stay at Kennedy Space Center throughout the mission and will collect the samples when the shuttle returns. He will then bring those samples back to PSCOM to complete the experiment.