How to Apply
- Applications are accepted through ERAS only.
- Deadline for applications is December 31st
- Interviews are by invitation only
- We prioritize applications with a minimum USMLE score of 200, however we review the entire application and do not base our decision solely upon the USMLE scores
- We require a Chair Letter plus two additional letters of recommendation to be attached to your ERAS application
- DO applicants may submit COMLEX scores in lieu of USMLE scores
- Foreign applicants must be ECFMG eligible and must have passed the USMLE Step 2-CS exam before applying to our program
- The institution sponsors ONLY J-1 Visa
- We prefer (not mandatory) one year of US clinical experience for applicants from non-accredited medical schools
- Year of graduation should be within 5 years of date of application
Preliminary Program Requirements
Applicants to other disciplines (i.e. anesthesia, dermatology, neurology, radiology), requiring a preliminary year must submit a separate ERAS application to our Internal Medicine Preliminary Program in addition to the specialty application. Efforts are made to coordinate interview dates with other subspecialty interviews at Penn State-Hershey but can not be guaranteed. Separate interview dates may not be necessary depending on the specialty program.
For further information regarding our program and/or a preliminary program interview, please email Debbie Stevens.
The NRMP requires all interviewees to receive a copy of the Resident Contract. The current contract along with other employment information can be found on our Graduate Medical Education Website. This Resident Agreement is subject to the terms of other contracts and legal documents.