Welcome to the Department of Medicine
From the Chair
Since its founding in 1969, The Department of Medicine has been committed to the excellence in each of our missions –Education, Patient Care, Research, and Service. The Department is the largest and, arguably, the most complex in the College of Medicine and Medical Center, and comprises 10 Divisions and several programs, approximately 200 faculty, 90 residents, 60 fellows, and 96 staff members.
- Robert C. Aber, M.D., Chair
- Linda Duncan, Administrator
- David Towery, Operations Director
- Patty Shipton, Coordinator, Administrative Support
- Support Staff:
- Nicole Brandt
- Elizabeth Diehm
- Gretchen Landis
- Dawn Strohecker
- Robert Stager, Financial Liaison
- Financial Analysts:
- Beth Conner
- Amanda Kane
- Organizational Charts:
Band Together Strength Training Program is a free strength training program led by trained volunteers in churches and in other community locations. In two 30-minute sessions each week, you can get stronger, feel better, make some new friends and most of all, have fun doing it.
- Faculty work to change treatment for sexual behavior problems Penn State Network on Child Protection and Well-Being faculty member Brian Allen is exploring new frontiers in a field of child mental health that is often underexamined, underfunded and overlooked. Allen, a clinical child psychologist practicing at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, hopes to change the conversation -- or lack thereof -- surrounding child sexual behavior problems with help from a Children’s Miracle Network grant.More...
- Exercise program inspires $14 million College of Medicine research study Three sets of shoulder presses, chat about the weather. Three sets of chair stands, joke with the person on your right. Three sets of arm pulls, encourage the person on your left. This simple recipe – which combines strength training with socialization – has become a successful formula for older adults who participate in Band Together peer exercise groups throughout Central Pennsylvania.More...
- Sending a 'We Are!' thank you to these Penn Staters This week, we recognize five people who go above and beyond what's asked of them in their work at the University. We're sending a "We Are!" to Penn Staters with World Campus, Penn State Hershey, Penn State Law and the College of Agricultural Sciences.More...
- Association recognizes research of laboratory animal medicine residents The work of three residents in the Laboratory Animal Medicine Residency Program at Penn State College of Medicine has been recognized at professional meetings.More...