The Department of Medicine
From the Chair
Since its founding in 1969, The Department of Medicine has been committed to the excellence in each of our missions –Education, Patient Care, Research, and Service. The Department is the largest and, arguably, the most complex in the College of Medicine and Medical Center, and comprises 10 Divisions and several programs, approximately 200 faculty, 90 residents, 60 fellows, and 96 staff members.
- Robert C. Aber, M.D., Chair
- Linda Duncan, Administrator
- David Towery, Operations Director
- Patty Shipton, Coordinator, Administrative Support
- Support Staff:
- Nicole Brandt
- Elizabeth Diehm
- Gretchen Landis
- Dawn Strohecker
- Robert Stager, Financial Liaison
- Financial Analysts:
- Beth Conner
- Amanda Kane
- Organizational Charts:
Band Together Strength Training Program is a free strength training program led by trained volunteers in churches and in other community locations. In two 30-minute sessions each week, you can get stronger, feel better, make some new friends and most of all, have fun doing it.
- Patients with atrial fibrillation offered hope by new implantable device People with atrial fibrillation are most commonly treated with long-term use of blood-thinning medications to reduce the risk of a stroke. But a newly approved device now being implanted by physicians at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center offers many of those patients hope that they may be able to discontinue use of blood-thinners.More...
- Graduate student excellence celebrated at awards luncheon Penn State President Eric Barron presented 11 awards to more than 30 graduate students in recognition of outstanding achievement during the inaugural Graduate Student Awards Luncheon held April 27 at the Nittany Lion Inn.More...
- University honors graduate students with Professional Master’s Excellence Award Four Penn State graduate students received the Professional Master’s Excellence Award. The award recognizes outstanding achievement in a professional master’s degree program, in any discipline, based upon the student’s academic record in the graduate program and the quality and impact of the student’s culminating experience, including creative works, performance, and projects conducted in a professional setting.More...
- 13 graduate students receive Penn State Alumni Association Dissertation Award Thirteen graduate students received the Penn State Alumni Association Dissertation Award, Distinguished Doctoral Scholar Medal in recognition of their outstanding professional accomplishment and achievement in scholarly research in any of the disciplinary areas of fine arts and humanities; social sciences—applied and basic; physical and computational sciences—applied and basic; life and health sciences; and engineering. The graduate students were honored during the inaugural Graduate Student Awards Luncheon held on April 27 at the Nittany Lion Inn.More...