Welcome to the Department of Medicine
From the Chair
Since its founding in 1969, The Department of Medicine has been committed to the excellence in each of our missions –Education, Patient Care, Research, and Service. The Department is the largest and, arguably, the most complex in the College of Medicine and Medical Center, and comprises 10 Divisions and several programs, approximately 200 faculty, 90 residents, 60 fellows, and 96 staff members.
- Robert C. Aber, M.D., Chair
- Linda Duncan, Administrator
- David Towery, Operations Director
- Patty Shipton, Coordinator, Administrative Support
- Support Staff:
- Nicole Brandt
- Elizabeth Diehm
- Gretchen Landis
- Dawn Strohecker
- Robert Stager, Financial Liaison
- Financial Analysts:
- Beth Conner
- Amanda Kane
- Organizational Charts:
Band Together Strength Training Program is a free strength training program led by trained volunteers in churches and in other community locations. In two 30-minute sessions each week, you can get stronger, feel better, make some new friends and most of all, have fun doing it.
- Vaginally administered ED medication may alleviate menstrual cramping Women with moderate to severe menstrual cramps may find relief in a class of erectile dysfunction drugs, according to a team of researchers led by Penn State College of Medicines Richard Legro.More...
- This week is Inflammatory Bowel Disease Awareness Week Dec. 1-7 is National Crohn’s and Colitis Awareness Week. The Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center is the only multi-disciplinary program in the region for patients living with these diseases.More...
- Progress in Personalized Medicine at Penn State The next Research Quality Assurance Lunchtime Lecture is “Progress in Personalized Medicine at Penn State.” It will be presented by James R. Broach, professor and chair, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, director, Penn State Hershey Institute for Personalized Medicine.More...
- Radiology education professor Flemming to present as distinguished educator A Conversation with Distinguished Educators will be held at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11, in C4702 (Physiology Conference Room) on the Penn State College of Medicine campus. Dr. Donald Flemming, G. Victor Rohrer Professor of Radiology Education and vice chair for education, will present “The Challenges of Defining and Assessing Competency.”More...