Welcome to the Department of Medicine
From the Chair
Since its founding in 1969, The Department of Medicine has been committed to the excellence in each of our missions –Education, Patient Care, Research, and Service. The Department is the largest and, arguably, the most complex in the College of Medicine and Medical Center, and comprises 10 Divisions and several programs, approximately 200 faculty, 90 residents, 60 fellows, and 96 staff members.
- Robert C. Aber, M.D., Chair
- Linda Duncan, Administrator
- David Towery, Operations Director
- Patty Shipton, Coordinator, Administrative Support
- Support Staff:
- Nicole Brandt
- Elizabeth Diehm
- Gretchen Landis
- Dawn Strohecker
- Robert Stager, Financial Liaison
- Financial Analysts:
- Beth Conner
- Amanda Kane
- Organizational Charts:
Band Together Strength Training Program is a free strength training program led by trained volunteers in churches and in other community locations. In two 30-minute sessions each week, you can get stronger, feel better, make some new friends and most of all, have fun doing it.
- Hershey Bears make holiday visit to Children’s Hospital The Hershey Bears traded in their hockey sticks for markers, glue and other craft supplies in a visit to brighten the holidays for some of their youngest fans.More...
- The Medical Minute: Full health effects of ‘vaping’ still unknown Cigarettes have been convicted of many crimes over the years. But the jury's still out on whether their younger, more fashionable cousins -- electronic cigarettes, or e-cigarettes -- will meet the same fate.More...
- The Medical Minute: Many different factors can trigger holiday depression While the holidays are a time of merriment and festivities for many, some people struggle with depression during this time of year. Dr. Erika Saunders, interim chair of psychiatry at Penn State Hershey, says there are some distinct warning signs to watch for.More...
- Cosmetic Surgery Center moves to 30 Hope Drive The Penn State Hershey Cosmetic Surgery Center will move to 30 Hope Drive, Suite 1800 (Entrance A) on Dec. 19. It will share space with the Penn State Hershey Breast Center.More...