Welcome to the Department of Medicine
From the Chair
Since its founding in 1969, The Department of Medicine has been committed to the excellence in each of our missions –Education, Patient Care, Research, and Service. The Department is the largest and, arguably, the most complex in the College of Medicine and Medical Center, and comprises 10 Divisions and several programs, approximately 200 faculty, 90 residents, 60 fellows, and 96 staff members.
- Robert C. Aber, M.D., Chair
- Linda Duncan, Administrator
- David Towery, Operations Director
- Patty Shipton, Coordinator, Administrative Support
- Support Staff:
- Nicole Brandt
- Elizabeth Diehm
- Gretchen Landis
- Dawn Strohecker
- Robert Stager, Financial Liaison
- Financial Analysts:
- Beth Conner
- Amanda Kane
- Organizational Charts:
Band Together Strength Training Program is a free strength training program led by trained volunteers in churches and in other community locations. In two 30-minute sessions each week, you can get stronger, feel better, make some new friends and most of all, have fun doing it.
- Trauma-scenario provides hands-on training for Penn State Mont Alto students Penn State Mont Alto held its sixth annual trauma-scenario training exercise for forest technology and nursing students on May 1. During the event, students worked with multiple agencies to rescue injured individuals who were in tree harvesting accidents in the forest near the campus.More...
- Penn State World Campus graduates first class in online nursing master’s degree The first class from Penn State’s online master of science in nursing degree will graduate May 10. “These are very high-quality students who want to be in jobs that will help train a new generation of nurses,” said Lisa Kitko, an assistant professor of nursing at Penn State. “That really speaks to their commitment to the profession and to nursing.”More...
- Students, volunteers join together to ‘Kiss Hershey Back’ A group of first-year Penn State College of Medicine students led the eighth annual Kiss Hershey Back Derry Township cleanup day on Saturday, May 2.More...
- Strucko to serve as top financial officer for College of Medicine Eric Strucko has been named Penn State’s associate vice president for finance and business, and controller for Penn State College of Medicine. He will replace Wayne Zolko, who intends to retire June 30 after 31 years of service to Penn State, the College of Medicine and Penn State Hershey Medical Center.More...