The Department of Medicine
From the Chair
Since its founding in 1969, The Department of Medicine has been committed to the excellence in each of our missions –Education, Patient Care, Research, and Service. The Department is the largest and, arguably, the most complex in the College of Medicine and Medical Center, and comprises 10 Divisions and several programs, approximately 200 faculty, 90 residents, 60 fellows, and 96 staff members.
- Robert C. Aber, M.D., Chair
- Linda Duncan, Administrator
- David Towery, Operations Director
- Patty Shipton, Coordinator, Administrative Support
- Support Staff:
- Nicole Brandt
- Elizabeth Diehm
- Gretchen Landis
- Dawn Strohecker
- Robert Stager, Financial Liaison
- Financial Analysts:
- Beth Conner
- Amanda Kane
- Organizational Charts:
Band Together Strength Training Program is a free strength training program led by trained volunteers in churches and in other community locations. In two 30-minute sessions each week, you can get stronger, feel better, make some new friends and most of all, have fun doing it.
- How to do medical school in three years While most of his peers will spend their last year of medical school applying and auditioning for residency programs, James Kent gets to skip what can be a stressful process. He’ll finish medical school in three years instead of four, not only saving a year of tuition, but also locking in his residency when he was accepted into the Family Medicine Accelerated Program at Penn State College of Medicine.More...
- The Medical Minute: New therapy often successful at controlling tics Not all children who develop tics receive an official diagnosis, and many outgrow it. When one demonstrates both motor and vocal tics for more than a year, they are diagnosed with Tourette syndrome. A new intervention is finding success in helping them control their condition.More...
- Registration open for Conquer Run 5K to benefit Four Diamonds The Conquer Run 5K, a competitive run and fun walk benefitting Four Diamonds at Penn State Children’s Hospital, will take place the morning of Saturday, Sept. 24 at Hersheypark. Runners and walkers of all ages and skill levels are encouraged to register online at www.ConquerRun.org.More...
- Summer Read program launches with “The Gratitude Diaries” WITF's Transforming Health, of which Penn State Health is a sponsor, and the Central Pennsylvania library systems have announced this year’s Summer Read, “The Gratitude Diaries: How a Year Looking on the Bright Side Can Transform Your Life” by bestselling author Janice Kaplan.More...