Welcome to the Department of Medicine
From the Chair
Since its founding in 1969, The Department of Medicine has been committed to the excellence in each of our missions –Education, Patient Care, Research, and Service. The Department is the largest and, arguably, the most complex in the College of Medicine and Medical Center, and comprises 10 Divisions and several programs, approximately 200 faculty, 90 residents, 60 fellows, and 96 staff members.
- Robert C. Aber, M.D., Chair
- Linda Duncan, Administrator
- David Towery, Operations Director
- Patty Shipton, Coordinator, Administrative Support
- Support Staff:
- Nicole Brandt
- Elizabeth Diehm
- Gretchen Landis
- Dawn Strohecker
- Robert Stager, Financial Liaison
- Financial Analysts:
- Beth Conner
- Amanda Kane
- Organizational Charts:
Band Together Strength Training Program is a free strength training program led by trained volunteers in churches and in other community locations. In two 30-minute sessions each week, you can get stronger, feel better, make some new friends and most of all, have fun doing it.
- Graduate School to host fall grant-writing workshops Registration is now open for a series of grant-writing workshops to be held this fall by the Penn State Graduate School that are intended for advanced graduate students and postdoctoral scholars.More...
- Primary care physicians can be critical resource for abused women in rural areas Many primary care physicians in rural communities do not routinely screen women for intimate partner violence (IPV), according to Penn State medical and public health researchers. Rural women who are exposed to such violence have limited resources if they seek help.More...
- The Medical Minute: Easing back-to-school anxieties in kids After a summer of lazy afternoons and late bedtimes, parents of school-aged children face the deadline for helping their young ones transition to not only a new routine and schedule -- but also the academic and social challenges a new school year brings.More...
- Hershey graduate students to take oath on Friday Incoming graduate students pursuing master of public health, master of science or doctoral degrees at Penn State College of Medicine will participate in the Graduate Student Oath Ceremony, at 3:30 p.m. this Friday, Aug. 22, in the University Conference Center at Hershey. During this ceremony, first-year graduate students take an oath to uphold the values of integrity, professionalism and scholarship throughout their academic careers.More...