The Department of Medicine
From the Chair
Since its founding in 1969, The Department of Medicine has been committed to the excellence in each of our missions –Education, Patient Care, Research, and Service. The Department is the largest and, arguably, the most complex in the College of Medicine and Medical Center, and comprises 10 Divisions and several programs, approximately 200 faculty, 90 residents, 60 fellows, and 96 staff members.
- Robert C. Aber, MD, Chair
- Michelle Del Pizzo, Administrator
- David Towery, Operations Director
- Mark Spangler, Coordinator, Administrative Support
- Support Staff:
- Elizabeth Diehm
- Gretchen Landis
- Shanni Petrino
- Tarah Sorber
- Erin Harding, Financial Liaison
- Financial Analysts:
- Beth Conner
- Amanda Kane
- Organizational Charts:
Band Together Strength Training Program is a free strength training program led by trained volunteers in churches and in other community locations. In two 30-minute sessions each week, you can get stronger, feel better, make some new friends and most of all, have fun doing it.
- The Medical Minute: Toy safety tips for the holidays – and year-round Pretty much all toys can look inviting to children. But it’s important for adults who are buying toys this holiday season to look beyond the flashing lights and cool noises and make sure they are safe.More...
- Mets named officer to international anesthesiology board Dr. Berend Mets, chair of the Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, has been appointed to a four-year term as an officer to the board of the World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists.More...
- Giant Food Stores and Duracell host party for Children's Hospital patients Face painting, games and costumed characters were part of a party for patients and their families at Penn State Children’s Hospital, hosted by Giant Foods Stores and Duracell. The Nov. 28 event in the hospital’s Tree House Café was a celebration of Giant and Duracell’s partnership with the Children’s Hospital through Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.More...
- Medical Center again recognized with Consumer Choice Award Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has earned a Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation for the 17th consecutive year. The award identifies the hospitals that health care consumers have chosen as having the highest quality and image in markets throughout the U.S. in National Research’s annual market insights survey of more than 300,000 households.More...