The Department of Medicine
From the Chair
Since its founding in 1969, The Department of Medicine has been committed to the excellence in each of our missions –Education, Patient Care, Research, and Service. The Department is the largest and, arguably, the most complex in the College of Medicine and Medical Center, and comprises 10 Divisions and several programs, approximately 200 faculty, 90 residents, 60 fellows, and 96 staff members.
- Robert C. Aber, MD, Chair
- Michelle Del Pizzo, Administrator
- David Towery, Operations Director
- Mark Spangler, Coordinator, Administrative Support
- Support Staff:
- Elizabeth Diehm
- Gretchen Landis
- Shanni Petrino
- Tarah Sorber
- Erin Harding, Financial Liaison
- Financial Analysts:
- Beth Conner
- Amanda Kane
- Organizational Charts:
Band Together Strength Training Program is a free strength training program led by trained volunteers in churches and in other community locations. In two 30-minute sessions each week, you can get stronger, feel better, make some new friends and most of all, have fun doing it.
- Breast Center and Child Life Program benefit from fundraising efforts Two recent events raised a combined total of nearly $16,000 for entities at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.More...
- Medical Center upgrades to newest technology in stereotactic radiosurgery The team at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has upgraded to the newest technology in cranial radiosurgery, enhancing its abilities to target brain tumors and functional disorders.More...
- Pa. health secretary launches flu vaccination campaign at Hershey Medical Center Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is partnering with the Pennsylvania Department of Health to launch the 2016 “Stopping the Flu Starts with You” campaign.More...
- Medical Center reaccredited as Level I pediatric trauma center Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has been reaccredited as a Level I pediatric trauma center – the highest level of certification.More...