2014 Chocolate Tour
Come join us for the 5th Annual Chocolate Tour to support cancer research at Penn State Hershey on August 8, 2015 at the Milton Hershey School Athletic Complex. Exciting events like Foreman Foundation 6 mile walk, the Mike Geltrude Foundation 6 mile run/race, and Cycling (10, 25, 35, 50, 75, 100 miles) events. There is something for everyone! Rest stops are available at every mile for walkers and runners to enjoy local chocolate. Cyclists will enjoy riding through the beautiful countryside of central Pennsylvania with its Amish farms, wooded areas, and historic chocolate towns of Hershey (home of Hershey's chocolate), Elizabethtown (home of M&M/Mars), and Lititz (home of Wilbur chocolate). Aside from other cycling friendly food, rest stops have samplings of chocolate from the nearby chocolate factory. Cyclists will also be provided with a meal upon return.
Funds raised by the 2014 Chocolate Tour will support cancer research to find the cure at Penn State Hershey.
Please contact Teah Batdorf at email@example.com
To view pictures and updates for the 2014 Chocolate Tour click here
Bring the whole family! The Chocolate Tour is a family friendly event! Strollers are allowed as well as bike trailers.
Other events supporting Melanoma Research:
- Registration is easy: 2015 registration available soon
- Early registration will close on July 13, 2015
- All mail in and online registrations will close on July 31, 2015
- On the day registrations will be available
- Registrations are non-refundable
T-shirts are guaranteed for all early registrants (registered before July 13, 2015.)
An additional $10 will be charged for late registrations (after July 13, 2015) and for registrations on the day of the event
Registration fees for this event are not considered charitable and therefore are not tax deductible
Registration/Packet pick up time
6:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. for all events. Be sure to register at least one hour before your event starts
Event Start times: (RAIN OR SHINE- NO REFUNDS)
- Cycling events: 8:00 a.m.
- 6 mile run/race event: 8:30 a.m.
- 6 mile walk event: 8:45 a.m.
If you are traveling from near or far and are looking for hotel accommodations, discounted rates are available at Comfort Inn at the Park, 1200 Mae St. Hummelstown, Pa 17036, phone 717-566-2050. The Comfort Inn is minutes from all Hershey attractions and the 2014 Chocolate Tour at Milton Hershey School.
Dear Friends of the Chocolate Tour,
Sponsorship opportunities are available year round. The planning for this event is continuous, so we always welcome sponsorships.
- 2014 Sponsors (full list coming soon) – We want to sincerely thank each and everyone of our sponsors! The support we receive is crucial to making each year a success. Last year, with the help of our sponsors, the 2013 Chocolate Tour raised just under $48,000 to support cancer research to find the cure. A special thank you to the continued support of our returning sponsors. Your generosity is appreciated!
2014 Chocolate Tour Cycling Routes
Information and Maps
This year we have a variety of cycling events for you to enjoy. Anyone can participate. The 2014 Chocolate Tour features six different routes to choose from for every level of cyclist, from beginner to expert, is sure to find a route they will enjoy.
Cyclists prepare to ride through beautiful countryside of central Pennsylvania traveling through Dauphin, Lancaster, and Lebanon counties. You will get a taste of the Pennsylvania Amish farms, wooded areas, and covered bridges. You will also experience not only tasting chocolate but visiting historic chocolate towns of Hershey, Elizabethtown, and Lititz.
All cyclists are offered a meal upon their return. Cyclist may choose to stop at convenience stores, eateries, and/or fast food restaurants that are located along the routes.
Rest stops are located approximately every 20 miles along the routes. The rest stops will have drinks and snacks available. Our rest stops this year are located in Mt. Gretna, Lititz, Milbach, and Lebanon. We are truly grateful for their support.
Cycling Event Details
Cue sheets for cycling events will be given at registration. Ride with GPS cue sheets are not accurate cue sheets. By August 18th the Ride with GPS maps will no longer be available, if you would like more information or the link contact us.
- 10 mile (map) - local ride flat and easy.
- 25 mile (map)- a few rolling hills from Hershey to Mt. Gretna and back to Hershey.
- 35 mile (map)- "Feel Good Ride" This ride is perfect for those who do not ride often but would like to cycle a distance. This one has all the chocolate available.
- 50 mile (map)- a few rolling hills, one moderate climb, with two rest stops, travels from Hershey to Mt. Gretna to Lebanon and back to Hershey.
- 75 mile (map) - rolling hills, two moderate climbs, four rest stops, starts in Hershey to Mt. Gretna to Lititz to Milbach then Lebanon and back to Hershey. The last 35 miles is flat and fast.
- 100 mile (Century) (map) - rolling hills, three moderate climbs, four rest stops, travels from Hershey to Elizabethtown to Mt. Gretna to Lititz to Milbach then Lebanon and back to Hershey. The last 35 miles is flat and fast.
Please contact Teah Batdorf at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717-531-1541 with questions or for more information
Do you have a question about the 2014 Chocolate Tour? Please view our FAQ's sheets. You may be able to find your answer here:
Walking/Running FAQ- available soon!
if you have additional question or did not find your answer here, please feel free to contact Teah Batdorf at (717) 531-1541 or email@example.com.
Foreman Foundation Run/Race
Thank you to everyone who showed their support and participated in the 4th annual Chocolate Tour Foreman Foundation 6 mile run/race!
We hope you enjoyed the beautiful Milton Hershey Campus and running route. We are in the process of certifying the Chocolate Tour run/race route as an official 10k route.
For 2014 race results see links below:
if you have any questions regarding race times or event, please contact Teah Batdorf at 717-531-1541 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org