How to Apply
As part of the application we require:
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement describing your goals in nephrology
- USMLE transcript
- If applicable, ECFMG status report
- ERAS application
What makes a competitive applicant varies between programs, but our fellows tend to demonstrate:
- a solid breadth and depth of internal medicine knowledge
- mature clinical decision-making
- interest and ability in research (even if that isn't their career goal)
- calm professionalism
- genuine drive to become excellent nephrologists
Questions regarding the fellowship program may be directed to:
Ronald P. Miller M.D., FACP
Associate Professor of Medicine
Program Director, Nephrology Fellowship
Or the Fellowship Coordinator:
Two fellowship openings will be available in 2017. Fellowship applications for 2017 will be accepted through ERAS starting July 1, 2016. Interviews will take place during August to October 2016. Match result available in December 2016.
Please see ERAS recruitment timeline.
Submission of complete ERAS applications by July 1, is highly recommended. We are able to support J1 visa holders.