How to Apply
As part of the application we require:
- three letters of recommendation
- a personal statement describing your goals in nephrology
- USMLE transcript
- if applicable, ECFMG status report
- ERAS application.
What makes a competitive applicant varies between programs, but our fellows tend to demonstrate:
- a solid breadth and depth of internal medicine knowledge
- mature clinical decision-making
- interest and ability in research (even if that isn’t their career goal)
- calm professionalism
- genuine drive to become excellent nephrologists
Questions regarding the fellowship program may be directed to:
Ronald P Miller MD FACP
Associate Professor of Medicine
Program Director, Nephrology Fellowship
Via the Fellowship Coordinator:
Two fellowship openings will be available in 2013. Fellowship applications for 2013 will be accepted through ERAS starting July 1, 2012. Interviews will take place during September to November 2012. Match result available in December 2012.
Please see ERAS recruitment timeline (https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras/187146/imsub_change.html).
Submission of complete ERAS applications by July 1st is highly recommended. We are able to support J1 visa holders.