How to Apply
2016 Main Residency Match
All applications must be received through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Your application should be completed by December 1st.
The following items must be included in your ERAS application:
• Curriculum Vitae
• Personal statement
• Medical School Transcripts
• MSPE/Dean's Letter
• Letters of Recommendation (at least three letters from faculty with at least one from a neurologist)
• USMLE or COMLEX transcripts
• US clinical experience is preferred, but not required
We will contact you via e-mail to schedule interviews. Our interviews occur on selected Fridays between October and December.
All candidates need to be registered with the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). We do not offer any positions outside of the match.
International Medical Graduates
We do accept applications from foreign medical graduates. The application process is similar to the above. You must apply via ERAS and be registered with the NRMP. Regarding visa issues, you must be one of the following: a US citizen, permanent resident (green card holder), or have a J-1 visa sponsored through ECFMG. We do not sponsor any other visas. All international medical graduates must be certified by the ECFMG prior to the match, but not prior to applying.
To be considered competitive for our program:
• Have competitive scores on the USMLE. We do not have a specific cut off for USMLE scores; however,
you should have a score of 220 or above to be considered.
• Have US clinical experience in the past two years with a letter from a US neurologist
• Have graduated from medical school in the past five years
• Have successfully completed the Clinical Skills requirement on the USMLE
• ECFMG certification is required as a part of your application.
For any questions, please contact the program coordinator, Renee Choyce at firstname.lastname@example.org