Thank you for your interest in our program. First of all, congratulations on your decision to choose Neurology as a specialty. Neurology is an intricate, exciting and deeply rewarding field. Choosing the right residency program is the first crucial step in your career. While there are a number of programs out there, let us share with you the reasons that make our program unique.
We are situated at the sweetest place on earth— Hershey, Pennsylvania. When the factories are churning and the wind is just right, you can smell the chocolate in the air. We serve an interesting patient population who challenge us with the complexity of their disease and humble us with the strength of their spirit. We receive training from experienced faculty who are not only knowledgeable but also personable and approachable. They serve not as our "bosses" but as our mentors and role models. Most importantly, we are a collegial group of co-residents who support each other and consider each other not only as colleagues but also as buddies.
So if Penn State Hershey Neurology sounds like the right fit for you, then come visit us!
We look forward to seeing you,
Joe, Quynh and Rob
Where are our 2015 graduates now?
- Aaron Cochran, DO: Fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology/EMG, University of Virgina, Charlottesville, VA
- Mariel Davila Martinez, MD, PhD: Fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology at SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
- Sara Strauss, DO - Fellowship will be in Vascular Neurology, Graduation date February 15, 2016
- Vitaliy Zhivotenko, DO: Fellowship in Pain Medicine at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA
Current Resident Awards:
- Neurology Resident Teacher of the Year 2014-2015: Balaji Krishnaiah, M.D.
- Award of Excellence in Neurology Inpatient Care 2014-2015: Robert Knipe, D.O., selected by the Inpatient Nursing Staff
- Award of Excellence in Neurology Outpatient Care 2014-2015: Vitaliy Zhivotenko, D.O., selected by the Outpatient Nursing Staff
- Consultant of the Year Award 2014-2015: Robert Knipe, D.O. awarded by the Department of Emergency Medicine
Former Resident Awards:
- Balaji Krishnaiah, M.D., selected by the PSU student Class of 2016 for the Arthur P. Gold Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award
- Resident Teacher of the Year 2013-2014: Robert Knipe, D.O.
- Balaji Krishnaiah, M.D., Resident Poster Competition Winner at Pennsylvania Neurological Society Meeting, 2013-2014
- Stacey Clardy, M.D., Ph.D. selected for the Editorial Board of the Resident and Fellow Section of Neurology
- Stacey Clardy, M.D., Ph.D. selected to chair the Resident and Fellow Section of the Pennsylvania Neurological Society
- Divpreet Kaur, M.D. was a Resident Poster Competition Winner at this year's Pennsylvania Neurological Society Meeting
- Stacey Clardy, M.D., Ph.D. selected for the Penn State Hershey Medical Center Ethics Committee
- Prabhu Emmady, M.D. received the 2011 American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- President's Research Initiative Award and Junior Member Recognition Award
- Sol De Jesus, M.D. was Recipient of Focus on Common Movement Disorders Visiting Scholar Award, 2013