Welcome to Penn State Hershey Stroke Center
Stroke is a medical emergency. New treatments and interventions are now available that may reverse or reduce the effects of a stroke if administered early enough. The Penn State Hershey Stroke Center team is readily available to evaluate and treat patients during a stroke emergency. The latest catheter-delivered, clot-busting treatments – including the Solitaire FR Device – are also available around-the-clock.
If you think you are experiencing a stroke, call 911.
Caring for A Stroke Patient
Primary Stroke Center vs. Comprehensive Stroke Center
Have you ever wondered the difference between a Primary Stroke Center and a Comprehensive Stroke Center? Learn more about Penn State Hershey Stroke Center—one of only a few Comprehensive Stroke Centers in Pennsylvania.
- Hole in heart wall likely stroke factor for Penguins' Kris Letang
- Penn State Hershey recognized for quality care for heart failure and stroke patients
- Penn State Hershey named a comprehensive stroke center
- Stroke survivor Nicki Overholt fights back
- A variety of therapies are used to help stroke victims recover
- A good recovery is possible after a heart attack or stroke, but much depends on quick treatment
Penumbra Quarterly – Stroke Provider Newsletter
Morrison receives Distinguished Achievement Award from AHA
Kathy Morrison, stroke program manager at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, has been presented with the American Heart Association, Great Rivers Affiliate 2014 Distinguished Achievement Award. More >>
Penn State Hershey named a comprehensive stroke center
Penn State Hershey Stroke Center has earned a designation that recognizes the high level of care it offers for patients with the most severe and challenging types of strokes. More >>
As one of the premier academic medical centers in the northeast, Penn State Hershey Medical Center is committed to a bold new vision of health care, and to the people, partnerships, and progressive technologies that bring this vision to life.
But don't take our word for it - our leadership in providing the finest state-of-the-art care for our patients has been widely recognized in numerous national and regional rankings for quality, patient safety, and physician and nursing excellence.
- Committee recommends capital budget request, learns of improvement projects Penn State is requesting $129.2 million in capital funding from the state for fiscal year 2015-16, with a primary focus on funding major building renewal and maintenance projects.More...
- Trustees approve structure for new Health enterprise The Board of Trustees committee on Finance, Business and Capital Planning today (Sept. 18) voted to recommend the creation of Penn State Health, a new not-for-profit entity that provides a legal structure to incorporate various health care facilities and service providers into one new health enterprise. The full board will vote on the motion on Friday.More...
- Hershey's Hillemeier discusses year of continued clinical growth, innovation Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center continued a trend of strong financial performance, with a fiscal year highlighted by clinical growth and innovative approaches to education, research and patient care challenges spurred by a health care industry undergoing rapid transformation.More...
- Diabetes Fair to highlight therapies, educational information Adult Diabetes Education at Penn State Hershey will host a diabetes fair from 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 1 at the University Fitness Center, rooms A, B and C for all members of the community. Faculty and staff are also welcome to attend.More...