Welcome to Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute fosters collaboration among the neuroscience-related departments and divisions within Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine.
Our mission is to:
- Assure excellence in basic and clinical research studies that increase our understanding of the normal and diseased brain.
- Promote the translation of research findings into new treatments for neurological disease.
- Improve the care of patients with neurological and neurobehavioral diseases.
- Provide a rich intellectual environment that enhances the educational experience in all neuroscience disciplines.
- Medical Center receives national recognition for Advanced Stroke Care
- Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute Specialists named in Best Doctors® in America.
- Congratulations to graduate students Ahmed Alkhateeb (Ph.D. Program, Cell & Molecular Biology), Fatima Ali-Rahmani (Ph.D. Program, Molecular Medicine), and Cody Weston (M.D./Ph.D. Program, Neuroscience) on being awarded the Graduate Alumni Endowed Scholarship. Ali-Rahmani also received an alumni scholarship from the class of 1971. Earlier in 2012, Alkhateeb also received the Outstanding Dissertation award in Life Sciences - a Penn State wide competition. These awards, coupled with the CTSA scholarship that Xiaowei (Bill) Su won earlier in the year, represent the outstanding achievements of our neuroscience graduate students.
Experts and patients discuss brain tumor diagnosis, treatment and recovery
Stroke Survivor stories
Patients and Physicians discuss the latest treatments of back pain and spinal injuries
Discovering Treatment Options for Essential Tremors
Experts and patients discuss the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of carotid artery disease
Restless Leg Syndrome
- Junior Faculty Development Program recognizes 2012-13 graduates On Thursday, May 30, 26 junior Penn State College of Medicine faculty and their mentors celebrated completion of the College of Medicine’s Junior Faculty Development Program, sponsored by the Office of Professional Development.More...
- Volunteers needed for acne study Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center’s Dr. Diane Thiboutot is testing the effectiveness of an investigational acne medication. Volunteers are needed for this study.More...
- Penn State Hershey nursing awards recognize leadership, exemplary practice In celebration of the 2013 National Nurses Week in May, the Department of Nursing and Chief Nursing Officer Sherry Kwater presented awards to several members of the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center nursing staff during the annual Nursing Awards Ceremony.More...
- Penn State Hershey expands in Elizabethtown Construction began on additional clinic space this month at the Penn State Hershey Medical Group-Elizabethtown location.More...