Welcome to Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute fosters collaboration among the neuroscience-related departments and divisions within Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine.
Our mission is to:
- Assure excellence in basic and clinical research studies that increase our understanding of the normal and diseased brain.
- Promote the translation of research findings into new treatments for neurological disease.
- Improve the care of patients with neurological and neurobehavioral diseases.
- Provide a rich intellectual environment that enhances the educational experience in all neuroscience disciplines.
- Medical Center receives national recognition for Advanced Stroke Care
- Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute Specialists named in Best Doctors® in America.
- Congratulations to graduate students Ahmed Alkhateeb (Ph.D. Program, Cell & Molecular Biology), Fatima Ali-Rahmani (Ph.D. Program, Molecular Medicine), and Cody Weston (M.D./Ph.D. Program, Neuroscience) on being awarded the Graduate Alumni Endowed Scholarship. Ali-Rahmani also received an alumni scholarship from the class of 1971. Earlier in 2012, Alkhateeb also received the Outstanding Dissertation award in Life Sciences - a Penn State wide competition. These awards, coupled with the CTSA scholarship that Xiaowei (Bill) Su won earlier in the year, represent the outstanding achievements of our neuroscience graduate students.
Experts and patients discuss brain tumor diagnosis, treatment and recovery
Stroke Survivor stories
Patients and Physicians discuss the latest treatments of back pain and spinal injuries
Discovering Treatment Options for Essential Tremors
Experts and patients discuss the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of carotid artery disease
Restless Leg Syndrome
- Santa makes cyber-visit to Children’s Hospital As Santa Claus was putting finishing touches on his list and checking it twice, he took time out of his busy schedule this week to talk with patients at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.More...
- The Medical Minute: Home for the holidays is a time to gauge loved ones’ health As families gather during the holiday season, it’s important to pay special attention to the older members of the clan. In fact, the holidays are a prime opportunity to observe changes in both mental and physical health that may otherwise go undetected and untreated.More...
- Center offers range of safety-related gifts The Safety Center, located on the first floor of Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, is offering patrons the chance to give the gift of safety this holiday season.More...
- Learn meditation with free class series at Penn State Hershey “Awakening the Heart” is a seven-week introduction to the practice of Heart Rhythm Meditation. The classes will be held from 5 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursdays Jan. 2 through Feb. 13, at the University Fitness Center on the Penn State Hershey campus. The free course is open to all interested adults.More...