Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute research includes the following departments and divisions:
Clinical trials are a key component in research:
- Active adult trials within the Neuroscience Institute.
- Active pediatric trials within the Neuroscience Institute.
Clinical trials - Who are they for? What do they do?
Clinical trials (or Clinical Research) is an organized way of looking at clinical information about patients and gaining new knowledge. The goal is always to find new and more effective ways of treating patients. Sometimes these trials involve the study of brand new treatments, or new combinations of old treatments, and sometimes these trials do not involve new treatments at all. At times, trials are designed to help understand if there is a difference in the way different people respond to the same treatment.
Why participate in a clinical trial?
Organized clinical research is the only way to gain new knowledge to improve the way sick patients are treated.
Read and subscribe to the new Neuro Report blog
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in neuroscience news. Penn State Hershey Neuro Report publishes articles by our staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Spring 2014 articles
- New network unites university health care research Four major health institutions, including Penn State College of Medicine, have jointly received nearly $7 million to develop and expand a health data research network.More...
- PRO Wellness Center awarded nearly $2 million by PA Department of Health Penn State Hershey PRO Wellness Center has received nearly $2 million from the Pennsylvania Department of Health to facilitate programs focused on healthy eating and exercise in 15 school districts (81 schools) across the commonwealth.More...
- Penn State Hershey exceeds ‘For the Future’ campaign goal Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has surpassed the $300 million goal of its most ambitious fundraising initiative to date, raising $306,476,284 in private support.More...
- Football team visits Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital Core value No. 1 for Penn State Football is ensuring that every member of the program has a positive attitude at all times. When the entire team boarded three buses on Wednesday (July 23) afternoon, head coach James Franklin and the Nittany Lions set out on a mission to make a visit to Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital one filled with positivity and enthusiasm.More...