Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute research includes the following departments and divisions:
Clinical trials are a key component in research:
- Active adult trials within the Neuroscience Institute.
- Active pediatric trials within the Neuroscience Institute.
Clinical trials - Who are they for? What do they do?
Clinical trials (or Clinical Research) is an organized way of looking at clinical information about patients and gaining new knowledge. The goal is always to find new and more effective ways of treating patients. Sometimes these trials involve the study of brand new treatments, or new combinations of old treatments, and sometimes these trials do not involve new treatments at all. At times, trials are designed to help understand if there is a difference in the way different people respond to the same treatment.
Why participate in a clinical trial?
Organized clinical research is the only way to gain new knowledge to improve the way sick patients are treated.
Read and subscribe to the new Neuro Report blog
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in neuroscience news. Penn State Hershey Neuro Report publishes articles by our staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Spring 2014 articles
- The Medical Minute: Simple steps can lead to safe sleep for infants The number of infants who die each year from sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) has decreased in recent decades as awareness of safe sleeping habits has increased. Yet each year, babies still die from sudden, unexplained causes.More...
- Tickets on sale for Children's Miracle Ball on Nov. 22 The 25th annual Miracle Ball will be held Saturday, Nov. 22, at the Hershey Lodge. The ball begins at 6 p.m. with a reception and silent auction followed by dinner, dancing and entertainment provided by Honey Pump.More...
- Tickets available for Neiman Marcus Fashion Show on Dec. 5 at Hotel Hershey Children's Miracle Network's annual Neiman Marcus Fashion Show returns Dec. 5 to the Hotel Hershey. This elegant runway show and luncheon benefits the children and families of Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital.More...
- Comics in illness the topic of the next First Fridays Lecture The Department of Humanities at Penn State College of Medicine will welcome Katie Green to the November First Fridays Lecture, “SHOW AND TELL: The Power of Comics in Illness,” at noon Nov. 7 in Room C2860.More...