Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute research includes the following departments and divisions:
Clinical trials are a key component in research:
- Active adult trials within the Neuroscience Institute.
- Active pediatric trials within the Neuroscience Institute.
Clinical trials - Who are they for? What do they do?
Clinical trials (or Clinical Research) is an organized way of looking at clinical information about patients and gaining new knowledge. The goal is always to find new and more effective ways of treating patients. Sometimes these trials involve the study of brand new treatments, or new combinations of old treatments, and sometimes these trials do not involve new treatments at all. At times, trials are designed to help understand if there is a difference in the way different people respond to the same treatment.
Why participate in a clinical trial?
Organized clinical research is the only way to gain new knowledge to improve the way sick patients are treated.
Read and subscribe to the new Neuro Report blog
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in neuroscience news. Penn State Hershey Neuro Report publishes articles by our staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Spring 2014 articles
- Committee recommends capital budget request, learns of improvement projects Penn State is requesting $129.2 million in capital funding from the state for fiscal year 2015-16, with a primary focus on funding major building renewal and maintenance projects.More...
- Trustees approve structure for new Health enterprise The Board of Trustees committee on Finance, Business and Capital Planning today (Sept. 18) voted to recommend the creation of Penn State Health, a new not-for-profit entity that provides a legal structure to incorporate various health care facilities and service providers into one new health enterprise. The full board will vote on the motion on Friday.More...
- Hershey's Hillemeier discusses year of continued clinical growth, innovation Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center continued a trend of strong financial performance, with a fiscal year highlighted by clinical growth and innovative approaches to education, research and patient care challenges spurred by a health care industry undergoing rapid transformation.More...
- Diabetes Fair to highlight therapies, educational information Adult Diabetes Education at Penn State Hershey will host a diabetes fair from 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 1 at the University Fitness Center, rooms A, B and C for all members of the community. Faculty and staff are also welcome to attend.More...