Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute research includes the following departments and divisions:
Clinical trials are a key component in research:
- Active adult trials within the Neuroscience Institute.
- Active pediatric trials within the Neuroscience Institute.
Clinical trials - Who are they for? What do they do?
Clinical trials (or Clinical Research) is an organized way of looking at clinical information about patients and gaining new knowledge. The goal is always to find new and more effective ways of treating patients. Sometimes these trials involve the study of brand new treatments, or new combinations of old treatments, and sometimes these trials do not involve new treatments at all. At times, trials are designed to help understand if there is a difference in the way different people respond to the same treatment.
Why participate in a clinical trial?
Organized clinical research is the only way to gain new knowledge to improve the way sick patients are treated.
Read and subscribe to the new Neuro Report blog
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in neuroscience news. Penn State Hershey Neuro Report publishes articles by our staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Spring 2014 articles
- Penn State Hershey to observe American Heart Month Penn State Hershey Medical Center has several events planned for February in observation of American Heart Month.More...
- Spin for THON activities set for Feb. 21 The Penn State Hershey University Fitness Center invites the community to participate in Spin for THON on Saturday, Feb. 21. Cyclists can sign up for a 50-minute cycle ride.More...
- Driving for a Cure Tournament raises $12,000 for Cancer Institute The Seventh Annual Driving for a Cure Kenneth F. Noel Memorial Golf Tournament was held on Sept. 13, 2014 at Flatbush Golf Course in Littlestown. The latest tournament raised $12,000 for Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute.More...
- Annual Pink Zone at Penn State game set for March 1 The ninth annual Pink Zone at Penn State game will take place at 1 p.m. Sunday, March 1 when the Lady Lions welcome the Wisconsin Badgers to the Bryce Jordan Center on the University Park campus.More...