Patient and Visitor Information
Directions and Maps
Dining and Lodging
Resources to help you make decisions about your health care
Our Healthcare Information Library has over 4,000 pages of helpful, easy-to-understand information, including:
- Searchable library
- Health videos in HD
- Wellness tools
- In-depth reports on over 100 conditions
- Test explanations
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services offers these free resources to help you make decisions about your health care:
Thanks to pennlive.com for compiling this list.
- Questions are the Answer: www.ahrq.gov/questions -- This website lets you make a list of questions that you can bring to your medical appointments and gives you tips on talking with your doctor.
- Consumers & Patients: www.ahrq.gov/consumer -- This page links to consumer information on staying healthy, getting high-quality health care and more.
- Your Medicine: Be Smart. Be Safe: www.ahrq.gov/consumer/safemeds/yourmeds.htm -- This booklet answers common questions about getting and taking medicines and has a wallet card to help you keep track of your medicines. A free copy also can be ordered at 1-800-358-9295.
- Tips for Patients: www.ahrq.gov/consumer/beinvolved.pdf -- This brochure gives you tips to use before, during and after your medical appointment to make sure you get the best possible care.