Bioengineering Research Partnership
- Lazovic J, Stojkovic DS, Collins CM, Yang QX, Vaughan JT, Smith MB. Hexagonal zero mode TEM coil: a single-channel coil design for imaging multiple small animals. Magn Reson Med. 2005 May;53(5):1150-7.
- Wang J, Eslinger PJ, Smith MB, Yang QX. Functional magnetic resonance imaging study of human olfaction and normal aging. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2005 Apr;60(4):510-4.
- Collins CM, Liu W, Schreiber W, Yang QX, Smith MB. Central brightening due to constructive interference with, without, and despite dielectric resonance. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2005 Feb;21(2):192-6.
- Yang QX, Wang J, Smith MB, Meadowcroft M, Sun X, Eslinger PJ, Golay X. Reduction of magnetic field inhomogeneity artifacts in echo planar imaging with SENSE and GESEPI at high field. Magn Reson Med. 2004 Dec;52(6):1418-23.
- Collins CM, Smith MB, Turner R. Model of local temperature changes in brain upon functional activation. J Appl Physiol. 2004 Dec;97(6):2051-5. Epub 2004 Aug 20.
- Yang QX, Wang J, Collins CM, Smith MB, Zhang X, Ugurbil K, Chen W. Phantom design method for high-field MRI human systems. Magn Reson Med. 2004 Nov;52(5):1016-20.
- Collins CM, Liu W, Wang J, Gruetter R, Vaughan JT, Ugurbil K, Smith MB. Temperature and SAR calculations for a human head within volume and surface coils at 64 and 300 MHz. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2004 May;19(5):650-6.
- Liu W, Collins CM, Delp PJ, Smith MB. Effects of end-ring/shield configuration on homogeneity and signal-to-noise ratio in a birdcage-type coil loaded with a human head. Magn Reson Med. 2004 Jan;51(1):217-21.
- Collins CM, Smith MB. Spatial resolution of numerical models of man and calculated specific absorption rate using the FDTD method: a study at 64 MHz in a magnetic resonance imaging coil. Magn Reson Imaging. 2003 Sep;18(3):383-8
- Alecci M, Collins CM, Wilson J, Liu W, Smith MB, Jezzard P. Theoretical and experimental evaluation of detached endcaps for 3 T birdcage coils. Magn Reson Med. 2003 Feb;49(2):363-70.
- Yang QX, Lindquist MA, Shepp L, Zhang CH, Wang J, Smith MB. Two dimensional prolate spheroidal wave functions for MRI. J Magn Reson. 2002 Sep-Oct;158(1-2):43-51.
- Wang J, Yang QX, Zhang X, Collins CM, Smith MB, Zhu XH, Adriany G, Ugurbil K, Chen W. Polarization of the RF field in a human head at high field: a study with a quadrature surface coil at 7.0 T. Magn Reson Med. 2002 Aug;48(2):362-9.
- Collins CM, Yang B, Yang QX, Smith MB. Numerical calculations of the static magnetic field in three-dimensional multi-tissue models of the human head. Magn Reson Imaging. 2002 Jun;20(5):413-24.
- Demeure RJ, Jordan BF, Yang QX, Beghein N, Smith MB, Gregoire V, Gallez B. Removal of local field gradient artifacts in BOLD contrast imaging of head and neck tumours. Phys Med Biol. 2002 May 21;47(10):1819-25.
- Collins CM, Yang QX, Wang JH, Zhang X, Liu H, Michaeli S, Zhu XH, Adriany G, Vaughan JT, Anderson P, Merkle H, Ugurbil K, Smith MB, Chen W. Different excitation and reception distributions with a single-loop transmit-receive surface coil near a head-sized spherical phantom at 300 MHz. Magn Reson Med. 2002 May;47(5):1026-8.
- Yang QX, Wang J, Zhang X, Collins CM, Smith MB, Liu H, Zhu XH, Vaughan JT, Ugurbil K, Chen W. Analysis of wave behavior in lossy dielectric samples at high field. Magn Reson Med. 2002 May;47(5):982-9.
- Alecci M, Collins CM, Smith MB, Jezzard P. Radio frequency magnetic field mapping of a 3 Tesla birdcage coil: experimental and theoretical dependence on sample properties. Magn Reson Med. 2001 Aug;46(2):379-85.
- Vaughan JT, Garwood M, Collins CM, Liu W, DelaBarre L, Adriany G, Andersen P, Merkle H, Goebel R, Smith MB, Ugurbil K. 7T vs. 4T: RF power, homogeneity, and signal-to-noise comparison in head images. Magn Reson Med. 2001 Jul;46(1):24-30.
- Collins CM, Smith MB. Calculations of B(1) distribution, SNR, and SAR for a surface coil adjacent to an anatomically-accurate human body model. Magn Reson Med. 2001 Apr;45(4):692-9.
- Collins CM, Smith MB. Signal-to-noise ratio and absorbed power as functions of main magnetic field strength, and definition of "90 degrees " RF pulse for the head in the birdcage coil. Magn Reson Med. 2001 Apr;45(4):684-91.