Penn State Hershey Nursing Community
Drive-Thru Flu Shot Clinics
Penn State Hershey Medical Center will offer free flu shots during two Drive-Through Flu Clinics in October:
- Saturday, October 17 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. (Registration is full)
- Saturday, October 24 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The clinics will take place in the parking lot of the Academic Support Building located on the main campus (90 Hope Drive, Hershey, PA).
Free flu shots will be given to adults and children 3 years or older. Reservations for this event are needed to help control traffic flow in and out of the parking lot and to help reduce wait times.
2014 Farm Show Update
Across from stands selling sausages and strudels, nurses from Penn State Hershey Medical Center check blood pressure, calculate Body Mass Indexes (BMI), and discuss smoking, physical activity, and healthy nutrition choices. Nurses are seen chatting with visitors about the benefits of exercise as they walk on a treadmill. If visitors walk 40 miles each day of the Farm Show's run, they will log 320 miles by Saturday - the distance between Harrisburg, PA and Virginia Beach. Along with the staff from CBS 21, nurses encourage visitors to take a pledge against texting while driving. On the other side of the Main Exposition Hall, other Penn State Hershey nurses administer free flu shots at the Pennsylvania Department of Health booth. An annual seasonal flu vaccine is important to reduce the chances that one will get the season flu and spread it to others.
- Penn State Health St. Joseph to celebrate Penn State affiliation with tailgate Penn State Health St. Joseph will celebrate its affiliation with Penn State with a tailgate Oct. 17 at its Bern Township campus. The event will feature free flu shots, the Nittany Lion mascot, games, music, and Berkey Creamery ice cream.More...
- Penn State Berks practical nursing program partners with Penn State Health For the first time, Penn State Berks and Penn State Health St. Joseph are partnering to provide practical nursing students with hands-on patient experience.More...
- The Medical Minute: The trick to finding allergy-safe Halloween treats Hershey bars, Snickers and Reese’s may be trick-or-treat night staples, but for children who have food allergies, these type of treats can be dangerous.More...
- Penn State Hershey has solid foundation for improving diagnosis While national attention is being drawn to the issue of inaccurate or delayed medical diagnoses, Penn State Hershey has been actively addressing issues that can lead to diagnostic errors with programs from medical education through to the clinic.More...