Penn State Hershey Medical Center earned a second designation as a Magnet hospital in September 2012. The Medical Center is part of an elite group of Magnet organizations worldwide. Less than 7 percent of U.S. health care organizations have earned this recognition.
In issuing the redesignation, the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) singled out Penn State Hershey for exemplary practices in three areas: advancement of nursing research, use of technology to incorporate input from nurses in the design of patient care areas and involving nurses in the development of protocols for protecting human research subjects. Magnet redesignation underscores the high quality of care that our nurses and staff provide to patients and their families each and every day. This achievement demonstrates the dedication all of our caregivers have to excellence and to producing the best possible patient, organizational, and community outcomes.
Penn State Hershey Nurses achieve excellence in nursing each day caring for patients and families.
Learn more about Magnet Recognition on the ANCC Website.
2013 ANCC National Magnet Conference
Penn State Hershey Medical Center has had seven submissions accepted into the 2013 ANCC National Magnet Conference: the Magic of Magnet in Orlando, Florida.
- "Getting to 99: Improving Patient Satisfaction with Pain Management", poster presentation
- "Optimizing Nurse Manager Span of Control: It's More Than Numbers", poster presentation
- "Our Expedition Everest: Conquering the Staffing and Scheduling Yeti", podium presentation
- "The Enchanted Combination: Leadership and Scholarship Aligned to Promote Success", poster presentation
- "Nurse-Driven Interprofessional Sepsis Education Program Decreases Mortality and Achieves Organizational Goal", podium presentation
- "Our Journey to Neverland: Nursing Leaders Helping School Nurses Improve Students' Health", poster presentation
- "Building an Appetite for Health: Nursing Community Partnership at Local Farmer's Market", podium presentation
What Magnet Means to Me: Penn State Hershey Nurses
Click on each icon to read their story.