Per Diem Float Pool
Our per diem nurses are responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care to a designated group of patients. We offer opportunities to work per diem in the following areas:
- Neuroscience Critical Care Unit
- Nursing Vascular Access Team
- Heart and Vascular Institute Progressive Care Unit
- Critical Care
- Acute Care
- Emergency Department
- Operating Room
- Children's Hospital
- Outpatient Services
Nurses work within one specific unit as part of that unit's float pool. Requirements for external candidates interested in working per diem include:
- Registered Nurse with license to practice professional nursing in the state of Pennsylvania, or Registered Nurse from another state with a Temporary PA Practice Permit.
- Minimum of 4 years recent, clinically-related unit-specific experience.
- Competencies in addition to your work schedule
- (6) 12 hour shifts (any increments) weekend and/or off shifts and/or on-call per year
- 1 Minor (8 hours) rotating Holiday per Calendar year (Jan-Jan)
- On Odd years (2011, 2013) will work 8 hours before a Minor Holiday and 8 before a Major Holiday
- On Even years (2012, 2014) will work 8 hours after a Minor Holiday and 8 hours after a Major Holiday
- All Plan A RNs will be part of the Floating rotation of the unit
- Only Mandatory education for units is paid time
Please give all availability for the schedule at scheduling time. We will schedule a total of 28 hours for RNs; following that, we will continue to schedule per your availability. We will not schedule overtime.
Q: Do you offer benefits for per diem positions?
A: Unfortunately, per diem positions are not included in our benefits plan.
Q: What happens after I submit my application?
A: Your application will be reviewed by a Nurse Recruiter, and you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications and experience. If your experience meets the needs of the unit, your application will be forwarded to the hiring manager for review. If selected to interview, you will be contacted by either Nurse Recruitment or the hiring manager directly.
Q: I have additional questions about working per diem. Who can I contact?
A: For more information, you may contact the Nurse Recruitment office at (717) 531-5141 or email@example.com .
View our current per diem positions here.