Welcome to Penn State Hershey
Drive-Thru Flu Shot Clinics
Penn State Hershey Medical Center will offer free flu shots during two Drive-Through Flu Clinics in October:
- Saturday, October 17 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Saturday, October 24 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Free flu shots will be given to adults and children 3 years or older. Reservations for this event are needed to help control traffic flow in and out of the parking lot and to help reduce wait times.
- Click here to register for October 17 free flu shots.
- Click here to register for October 24 free flu shots.
Community Service Missions
- Outreach: Improve the quality of life for those in our local, regional, national, and global communities through service and volunteerism.
- Education: Provide cutting edge information to the community about health and medical issues. We strive to promote safety, healthy habits, general well-being, and preventive medicine in conjunction with our community partners.
- Partnership: Join with members of our local community to make central Pennsylvania a healthier and better place to live.
As teachers, care-givers, and researchers, service defines us. It is more than a commitment we make to our community - it is part of our nature.
Our community service activities take many forms and involve thousands of Penn State Hershey employees, Central Pennsylvania citizens, and partners across the globe. We provide tens of millions of dollars annually in charity work and state-of-the-art compassionate care to individuals without insurance or on Medicaid.
A few of our community efforts and initiatives are listed below – follow the links to learn more about them:
- THON – Penn State Dance Marathon fundraiser for the Four Diamonds Fund
- Lion Care – Student-run free medical clinic in Harrisburg
- LionReach – Mobile training and evaluation center
- Global Health Center
- Kiss Hershey Back – Annual Derry Township clean-up day run by medical students
- Children's Miracle Network – Children's Miracle Network's mission is to generate funds and awareness programs for Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital and the children and families it serves.
- Early Preparation and Inspiration for Careers in the Biomedical Sciences (EPIC) – This project is committed to the idea that students at the high school level need to be prepared and inspired to make informed decisions about their futures.
- Surgery Live Program – An innovative program to stimulate the interest of middle school and high school students in careers in the health care field.| Video interviews with surgery team
- Mini-Medical School – For public to learn about the medical field
- Northern Appalachia Cancer Network (video)
- PRO Wellness Center Health Champions Program – Program focused on making "healthy easy"
- The Medical Minute: When duodenal switch may be the best weight loss option A less-common form of bariatric surgery can help the heaviest patients reach an ideal weight, but it’s not for everyone.More...
- Founder and president of VaxForm spoke at HCAR on Oct. 1 Garry Morefield, founder and president of Vaxform, LLC, spoke at noon on Thursday, Oct.1, at the Hershey Center for Applied Research, as part of the Entrepreneur’s Roundtable. Morefield will share his experience establishing a start-up company.More...
- Day of Caring kicks off United Way campaign at Penn State Hershey The 23rd annual Day of Caring was held on Sept. 11, with 17 Penn State Hershey employees joining nearly 1,600 volunteers representing more than 76 companies. This event officially kicked off the 2015 United Way campaign.More...
- Weight loss and exercise can improve fertility for polycystic ovary patients Weight loss and exercise improve ovulation in women who have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, a common hormone disorder that often causes infertility, according to research by a team including Penn State Hershey’s Dr. Richard Legro.More...