The following is a list of the current research studies for women at the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, PA. These research studies have been approved by the Institutional Review Board under FDA regulations at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
Stress Reduction for Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) (IRB# 3415EP)
- Nazia Raja-Khan, MD, Principal Investigator
- Richard S. Legro, MD, Co-Investigator
Penn State Milton S. Hershey researchers are trying to determine the effect that stress reduction will have on blood pressure, blood sugar and overall health and well being in women with PCOS.
- Are 18 or older
- Have 8 or fewer menstrual periods each year or have been diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome
Additional Study Details:
Participants will be required to"
- Attend study sessions once a week for eight weeks
- Undergo blood and urine tests, a brief physical exam, and questionnaires at baseline, 8 weeks and 16 weeks
- Spend 25 to 30 minutes a day reviewing the material from the sessions and keep a log of these daily activities
To see if you are eligible or for more information on the study, please contact Barb Sheetz at 717-531-4483 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome