Penn State Women's Health is now an approved site for Centering Pregnancy. This group model of providing prenatal care is open to all pregnant women. You and your support person will be actively involved in your healthcare. Imagine no waiting at your visits, connecting with a community of friends, spending relaxed time with your provider, having the opportunity to talk about pregnancy-birth-parenting and time for open discussion for you to share your joys and concerns.
Research shows the centering model to be a very effective way to receive prenatal care and that it may allow most patients TEN times more time with their provider. All sessions are scheduled in advance which will allow better planning and it eliminates waiting for appointments to start. Groups meet every 2-4 weeks for a total of 10 sessions beginning about 14-16 weeks.
Please call the CareLine at 1-800-243-1455 to register or download our brochure for more information. Limited space is available so call today.
What our patients are saying about their Centering Pregnancy experience
- "I like how you can relate to other moms."
- "Centering is a great support system."
- "The program is great for your husband or partner - so much great information in a fun and casual manner. Always looked forward to our sessions."
- "You really learn a lot for a first time mom."
- "I liked the amount of time you could ask questions."
- "It was really fun and exciting being there."
Please call the CareLine at 1-800-243-1455 to register.
- Holly Thomas, M.D
Chief, Division of Women's Health
- Kerri L. Brackney, M.D.
- Carie D'Agata, M.D.
- Amber C. O'Leary, M.D.
Penn State Hershey Obstetrics and Gynecology
35 Hope Drive, Suite 202 and 204
Hershey, PA 17033
Penn State Hershey Medical Group Nyes Road Specialties
Obstetrics and Gynecology
121 Nyes Road, Suite C
Harrisburg, PA 17112