Gynecological Cancer (Cervical, Endometrial, Ovarian)
Gynecologic Oncology fills the comprehensive needs of women with pelvic malignancies and other difficult surgical problems. We have extensive experience in the repair of urologic and gastrointestinal tracts, as well as extended gynecologic surgery. We can provide chemotherapy to patients requiring such treatment, and collaborate with radiation oncologists to provide optimal radio-therapy.
We are also a major site for the NIH sponsored Gynecologic Oncology Group, which makes available a full range of investigational drugs for nearly every malignancy.
- Treatment of cancers of the vagina, cervix, uterus, fallopian tube and ovary
- Evaluation of abnormal or difficult pap smear problems
- Evaluation and treatment of dysplasia's of the vulva, vagina and cervix
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with pelvic masses
- Evaluation and treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding and endometrial hyperplasia
- Gynecologic surgery in medically compromised, or surgically challenging patients
- Chemotherapy of patients with gynecologic cancers
- Investigational therapies for patients with gynecologic cancers
- Investigational therapies for patients with gynecologic malignancies
- Collaborative treatment plans with local oncologists for chemotherapy, radiation, and follow-up
- Second opinions
Did you know?
- One of the largest gynecologic oncology groups in the Commonwealth is at Penn State Hershey Obstetrics and Gynecology at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
- You have access to the latest in cancer therapy through one of the member sites of the Gynecologic Oncology Group of the National Cancer Institute.