Penn State Hershey Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
Welcome to the Academic Home of the Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation where we are committed to advancing our field through scientific discovery and education.
If you are looking for information on Musculoskeletal Disorders or Patient Care, please refer to the Bone and Joint Institute or Spine Center.
Read and subscribe to the Ortho Report blog
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in orthopedic news. Penn State Hershey Ortho Report publishes articles by our orthopaedic staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Summer 2015 articles
- Complex Limb Reconstruction Case Report: Combined Use of the Ilizarov Technique and Taylor Spatial Frame
- Magnetically Controlled Growing Rod System Offers Nonsurgical Distraction for Early Onset Scoliosis
- Pearls for Internal Distraction Plating of Complex Distal Radius Fractures
- Unique Challenges of Managing Injuries on the Sports Field
- The Medical Minute: When duodenal switch may be the best weight loss option A less-common form of bariatric surgery can help the heaviest patients reach an ideal weight, but it’s not for everyone.More...
- Founder and president of VaxForm spoke at HCAR on Oct. 1 Garry Morefield, founder and president of Vaxform, LLC, spoke at noon on Thursday, Oct.1, at the Hershey Center for Applied Research, as part of the Entrepreneur’s Roundtable. Morefield will share his experience establishing a start-up company.More...
- Day of Caring kicks off United Way campaign at Penn State Hershey The 23rd annual Day of Caring was held on Sept. 11, with 17 Penn State Hershey employees joining nearly 1,600 volunteers representing more than 76 companies. This event officially kicked off the 2015 United Way campaign.More...
- Weight loss and exercise can improve fertility for polycystic ovary patients Weight loss and exercise improve ovulation in women who have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, a common hormone disorder that often causes infertility, according to research by a team including Penn State Hershey’s Dr. Richard Legro.More...