Penn State Hershey Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
Welcome to the Academic Home of the Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation where we are committed to advancing our field through scientific discovery and education.
If you are looking for information on Musculoskeletal Disorders or Patient Care, please refer to the Bone and Joint Institute or Spine Center.
Read and subscribe to the Ortho Report blog
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in orthopedic news. Penn State Hershey Ortho Report publishes articles by our orthopaedic staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Fall 2015 articles
- Case Report: Osteochondral Glenoid Reconstruction for Recurrent Glenohumeral Instability
- Developing an Adult Stem Cell Treatment Option for Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction
- Medial Patella Femoral Ligament (MPFL) Reconstruction for Patellofemoral Instability
- Biomechanical Analysis to Guide Future Trends in Hip Replacement Surgery and Post-Operative Rehabilitation
- Better definition needed for reasonable medical certainty in child abuse cases HERSHEY, Pa. -- Physicians use different definitions of "reasonable medical certainty" when testifying as expert witnesses in child abuse cases. The variability is troubling because it could result in flawed rulings, according to researchers at Penn State College of Medicine.More...
- The art of medicine: Medical students learn to communicate from the masters Imagine trying to paint a copy of one of Vincent van Gogh’s or Claude Monet's works — without being able to look at it. Instead you can ask a partner short, close-ended questions and do your best. That was one of the challenges students faced as part of the class “Impressionism and the Art of Communication.” The monthlong class, which Dr. Michael Flanagan taught for the first time in January, gives Penn State College of Medicine students a chance to approach what they’re learning from a new direction.More...
- Valentine’s Day concert set for Feb. 14 at Pasquerilla Spiritual Center The Pennsylvania Centre Orchestra will present a special Valentine’s Day concert titled “Music for the Heart” at 3 p.m. on Feb. 14 at the Pasquerilla Spiritual Center on the University Park campus. Dr. Paul Haidet, director of medical education research at the College of Medicine will present a free pre-concert lecture, “The Health Benefits of Music,” at 2 p.m.More...
- National Wear Red Day observed at Penn State Hershey On Friday, Feb. 5, Penn State Hershey faculty and staff donned red in recognition of National Wear Red Day.More...