Penn State Hershey Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
Welcome to the Academic Home of the Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation where we are committed to advancing our field through scientific discovery and education.
If you are looking for information on Musculoskeletal Disorders or Patient Care, please refer to the Bone and Joint Institute or Spine Center.
Read and subscribe to the Ortho Report blog
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in orthopedic news. Penn State Hershey Ortho Report publishes articles by our orthopaedic staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Spring 2015 articles
- Community-based Heel Ultrasound Screening Leads to Osteoporosis Follow-up and Treatment Recommendations
- Pigment Epithelium Derived Factor (PEDF) Influences Matrix Mineralization: Implications for Osteogenesis Imperfecta and Beyond
- Choosing Between Total Hip Arthroplasty and Hemiarthroplasty for Femoral Neck Fractures: Patient Selection is the Key
- Limitations for Headless Compression Screws in Distal Interphalangeal Arthrodesis in Patients, Especially Women, with Small Fingers
- Newborn Weight Tool created through Children’s Miracle Network support Dr. Ian Paul knows the importance of Children’s Miracle Network first hand. Through its funding, he helped create a tool for health care providers to determine whether a breastfed newborn is losing too much weight during the first few days of life.More...
- The Medical Minute: Knowing when infant tummy troubles may be serious Spitting up and occasional constipation are unfortunate -- yet normal -- facts of life for most infants. While those symptoms are seldom cause for concern, there are several more serious -- albeit rare -- warning signs that can be present in the first hours and days of life that can indicate any of a number of congenital conditions.More...
- Center for the Protection of Children receives $6K donation Representatives from Metro Bank visited the Penn State Hershey Center for the Protection of Children on May 7 to deliver a check representing proceeds from a recent Dress-Down Day Friday fundraising campaign.More...
- Comics and Medicine: Helping med students form their professional identities Reading and creating health-themed comics helps medical students transition from laypersons to physicians, according to a first-of-its-kind analysis at Penn State College of Medicine.More...