The Elizabethtown Hospital, originally the State Hospital for Crippled Children at Elizabethtown, was created in 1930 to provide orthopaedic care for children throughout the Commonwealth suffering from bone and joint infections, poliomyelitis, and other musculoskeletal disorders. From its inception the E-town Hospital provided training in pediatric orthopaedics for several orthopaedic residency programs including, beginning in 1970’s, the Penn State Orthopaedic Residency Program. Each year a pediatric orthopaedic conference was held at the E-town Hospital for orthopaedic surgeons and other medical professionals. In 1990 the clinical programs at the hospital were moved to new quarters on the Hershey Campus and the original hospital was closed. The annual Pediatric Orthopaedic Lecture series was established to continue this educational mission. The Elizabethtown name is attached to honor the legacy of an institution that provided care to thousands of patients and education and training for hundreds of orthopaedic surgeons.