Penn State Hershey Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
Welcome to the Academic Home of the Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation where we are committed to advancing our field through scientific discovery and education.
If you are looking for information on Musculoskeletal Disorders or Patient Care, please refer to the Bone and Joint Institute or Spine Center.
Read and subscribe to the Ortho Report blog
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in orthopedic news. Penn State Hershey Ortho Report publishes articles by our orthopaedic staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Winter 2015 articles
- Management of a Complex Open Pelvic Injury: A Coordinated Team Approach
- Superior Labral Tears in Patients Older Than 40: What is the Best Treatment?
- Sarcopenia and Increased Body Fat in Sclerostin-deficient Mice: Interactions between Muscle and Bone and Potential Implications for Osteoporosis Management
- Advantages of Total Ankle Replacement versus Pantalar Arthrodesis
- Penn State Hershey appoints new chief financial officer Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has selected Stephen Massini to serve as the medical center’s new chief financial officer, effective April 20.More...
- The Medical Minute: Endometriosis is real -- and it’s treatable Endometriosis is difficult to diagnose, with women often being told for years that they are experiencing their "normal period," and according to the Endometriosis Foundation of America, it affects one in 10 women. Penn State Hershey gynecological surgeon Gerald Harkins is working to get the word out that women with endometriosis do not have to suffer.More...
- Penn State Hershey patient to serve as 2015-16 CMN Hospitals Champion Nine-year-old Caden Capitani of Hershey, a patient at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, has been named the 2015-16 Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Champion for Pennsylvania.More...
- OSLER at Penn State Hershey accepting scholarship applications The Office for Scholarship in Learning and Education Research (OSLER) at Penn State College of Medicine invites faculty members to apply for the second annual Scholarship in Education Award.More...