Penn State Hershey Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
Welcome to the Academic Home of the Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation where we are committed to advancing our field through scientific discovery and education.
If you are looking for information on Musculoskeletal Disorders or Patient Care, please refer to the Bone and Joint Institute or Spine Center.
Read and subscribe to the Ortho Report blog
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in orthopedic news. Penn State Hershey Ortho Report publishes articles by our orthopaedic staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Spring 2015 articles
- Community-based Heel Ultrasound Screening Leads to Osteoporosis Follow-up and Treatment Recommendations
- Pigment Epithelium Derived Factor (PEDF) Influences Matrix Mineralization: Implications for Osteogenesis Imperfecta and Beyond
- Choosing Between Total Hip Arthroplasty and Hemiarthroplasty for Femoral Neck Fractures: Patient Selection is the Key
- Limitations for Headless Compression Screws in Distal Interphalangeal Arthrodesis in Patients, Especially Women, with Small Fingers
- Exercise program inspires $14 million College of Medicine research study Three sets of shoulder presses, chat about the weather. Three sets of chair stands, joke with the person on your right. Three sets of arm pulls, encourage the person on your left. This simple recipe – which combines strength training with socialization – has become a successful formula for older adults who participate in Band Together peer exercise groups throughout Central Pennsylvania.More...
- Sending a 'We Are!' thank you to these Penn Staters This week, we recognize five people who go above and beyond what's asked of them in their work at the University. We're sending a "We Are!" to Penn Staters with World Campus, Penn State Hershey, Penn State Law and the College of Agricultural Sciences.More...
- Association recognizes research of laboratory animal medicine residents The work of three residents in the Laboratory Animal Medicine Residency Program at Penn State College of Medicine has been recognized at professional meetings.More...
- Independence Day celebration set for July 4 on Penn State Hershey campus Again this year, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center will present An American Salute, an Independence Day performance by the Hershey Symphony Orchestra on the front lawn of the main hospital complex. This event typically attracts thousands of people.More...