Welcome to the Academic Home of the Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation where we are committed to advancing our field through scientific discovery and education.
If you are looking for information on Musculoskeletal Disorders or Patient Care, please refer to the Bone and Joint Institute or Spine Center.
Read and subscribe to the Ortho Report blog
Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute offers a website dedicated to providing physicians with the latest in orthopedic news. Penn State Hershey Ortho Report publishes articles by our orthopaedic staff to share discoveries and successes. Read and subscribe to receive new articles as they are added to the blog.
Winter 2014 articles
- Costotransversectomy: An alternative surgical approach to challenging thoracic spine reconstructions
- Targeted Ultrasound Screening for Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip: Where Do We Stand?
- Addressing the Technical Challenges of Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty and Lowering the Risk of Complications
- Want to meet any of the Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute faculty at upcoming orthopaedic conferences?
Fall 2013 articles
- Four-Year Study of MRI-Defined Hip Labral Tears in High-Level Ice Hockey Players
- Achieving Success in Complex Nerve Repair of the Hand: A Lengthy Team Effort
- Penn State Hershey Researchers Identify Stem Cells in Shoulder Bursa, Intend to Explore Use in Tendon Repair
- Penn State Hershey Bone and Joint Institute Participates in the American Joint Replacement Registry
Summer 2013 articles
- Treating Supracondylar Elbow Fractures in Children: Seeing the Challenges, Heading Off the Risks
- Changing the Status-Quo of Osteoporosis Screening and Treatment
- Strategies for Optimizing Outcomes in Cartilage Restoration
- Aquatic Versus Land Exercise: Which Yields Greater Benefits for Osteoarthritis (OA) Patients?
- Special lighting of the Crescent building recognizes upcoming occasions As part of an ongoing effort to reduce energy usage and operate in a more cost efficient and environmentally friendly manner, Penn State Hershey installed an LED lighting system to illuminate its signature Crescent building, replacing the original and less efficient facade lighting. This week, the building is lit in blue in honor of National Child Abuse Awareness Month.More...
- Pinwheel garden set up in recognition of Child Abuse Prevention Month April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month, a time to recognize that everyone can play a part in promoting the social and emotional well-being of children and families in the community. Over the last week, new decorations have popped up on the lawn of Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.More...
- Changes to patent examination is topic of next Ideas in Innovation The Penn State Hershey Office of Technology Development will host the next installment of the Ideas in Innovation Series from noon to 1 p.m. on Wednesday, April 30 in the Hershey Center for Applied Research, adjacent to the Penn State Hershey campus. The latest session is titled “A Myriad of Changes.”More...
- Penn State Hershey IBD experts in Wilkes-Barre on April 29 To help people living with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis in northeastern Pennsylvania, experts with Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center will host a patient symposium on the evening of Tuesday, April 29 at Penn State Wilkes-Barre.More...