Skip to Content
- Ben Oberman - Dr. Ben Oberman attended Washington University in St. Louis for his undergraduate degrees in Philosophy, Neuroscience, and Psychology. He returned to his home state of Tennessee for medical school at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center. His hobbies include exploring the region’s wine country with his wife, cooking, discovering the local music and restaurant scene, and playing tennis.
- Hetal Patel - Dr. Hetal Patel grew up in Illinois. She went on to complete her undergraduate and medical school training at Saint Louis University. Dr. Patel enjoys travelling, trying new outdoor activities and reading Harry Potter. She also likes spending her free time with friends and family playing boards games and watching movies, both American and Indian.
- Sakeena Payne - Dr. Sakeena Payne grew up in California. She attended The University of Houston for her undergraduate degree in Biochemistry with a minor in Chemistry. She completed medical school at The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. Dr. Payne enjoys travelling, the outdoors, and spending time with her family.
- Aaron Baker - Dr. Baker completed his undergraduate degree in engineering at Purdue University, a master’s degree in medical genetics at Indiana University, and his medical education at Penn State College of Medicine. He enjoys travelling and spending time outdoors with his wife Beth and their dog Murphy.
- Shivani Shah-Becker - Dr. Shah-Becker was born in New York City, but spent most of her years growing up in Michigan. She attended Michigan State University for her undergraduate degree in Physiology and continued at Michigan State University for medical school (through their B.S./M.D. program). She enjoys running, baking, cooking, shopping, and traveling.
- Ashley O’Connell Ferster - Dr. Ashley O’Connell Ferster grew up outside of Reading, Pennsylvania. She attended Ursinus College in Collegeville, Pennsylvania, where she completed her undergraduate studies in Biology and French. From there, Dr. O’Connell Ferster went on to complete her medical school training at Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr. O’Connell Ferster enjoys spending time with her husband, family and friends. She also enjoys singing, traveling, running, and basketball.
- Vijay Patel - Dr. Vijay Patel grew up in Northern California. He attended the University of California, Los Angeles for his undergraduate degree in Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics and went on to complete medical school at the Penn State College of Medicine. Dr. Patel enjoys football, kayaking, running, snowboarding, traveling, and weight training.
- Tom Shokri - Dr. Tom Shokri grew up in Southern California and completed his undergraduate degree in Biology from the University of California, Los Angeles and went on to graduate from medical school at The George Washington University. Dr. Shokri’s research interests are craniofacial and reconstructive surgery. His hobbies include basketball, football, traveling, and hiking.
- Darrin Bann - Dr. Darrin Bann grew up in New Jersey and received his undergraduate degree in Biology from Ithaca College. He completed the combined MD/PhD training program at Penn State College of Medicine, where he conducted research on the molecular mechanisms of retroviral assembly. His current research focuses on understanding the genetic and epigenetic changes underlying familial and sporadic thyroid cancers. Dr. Bann enjoys many outdoor activities including camping, backpacking, cycling, horseback riding, and hiking with his three dogs.