The head and neck cancer team leads in the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of both benign and malignant diseases of the head and neck region. Our team employs a multidisciplinary approach to diagnose and treat all types and stages of cancers that occur in the head and neck region, including:
- Oral cancer (lip, mouth, tongue, palate)
- Oropharyngeal cancer (tonsil, tongue base, soft palate) - including Davinci Robotic Surgery (TORS)
- Laryngeal cancer (voice box)
- Hypopharyngeal cancer (throat and swallowing passage cancer)
- Thyroid cancer and tumors
- Parathyroid disease (Hyperparathyroidism) - including Minimally Invasive Radioguided Parathyroidectomy
- Salivary gland tumors
- Cutaneous malignancies of the head and neck
Patients are thoroughly evaluated by our team of physicians and caregivers in order to make the most accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. We provide patients with the information needed to understand their disease and decide on the best treatment plan for them. Treatments may include surgery, radiation, and/or chemotherapy as well as medical therapy. Throughout treatment, we emphasize ongoing communication with patients, families, and referring physicians.
- Junior Faculty Development Program recognizes 2012-13 graduates On Thursday, May 30, 26 junior Penn State College of Medicine faculty and their mentors celebrated completion of the College of Medicine’s Junior Faculty Development Program, sponsored by the Office of Professional Development.More...
- Volunteers needed for acne study Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center’s Dr. Diane Thiboutot is testing the effectiveness of an investigational acne medication. Volunteers are needed for this study.More...
- Penn State Hershey nursing awards recognize leadership, exemplary practice In celebration of the 2013 National Nurses Week in May, the Department of Nursing and Chief Nursing Officer Sherry Kwater presented awards to several members of the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center nursing staff during the annual Nursing Awards Ceremony.More...
- Penn State Hershey expands in Elizabethtown Construction began on additional clinic space this month at the Penn State Hershey Medical Group-Elizabethtown location.More...