For Medical Professionals
Treatment is available to all patients by physician referral only. The referring physician should complete the Physician Referral Form and send this form to the clinic along with any pertinent medical records for referral. Our physicians will review the completed form and the provided medical information to determine if the patient will benefit from our services. If appropriate, the patient will be contacted by our staff to schedule an appointment. If we feel that we have nothing to offer, we will contact your physician directly.
Director, Pain Management Services
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
PO Box 850, HU28
Hershey, PA 17033
The Physician Referral Form and pertinent medical records may also be faxed to the clinic at: 717-531-4143
Questions or inquiries may be made by calling the Pain Management Center at 717-531-6834.
The Pain Management Center is located in spacious quarters in the University Physician Center Suite 3300. The initial visit and consultation may last about one hour and will include most of the following:
- Interviews with physicians and nursing personnel.
- A detailed history
- A detailed physical examination
- Psychological testing as needed
- Review of medical records and test reports
- Determination of a treatment plan to include therapy directed toward a return to a normal, functional lifestyle and management of pain
- Follow-up visit scheduled
- Referral to appropriate medical specialists as indicated