Welcome to Penn State Hershey Pathology
The Department of Pathology is committed to excellence in patient care, education, and translational and basic research, and plays a vital and integral role in the medical center’s multifaceted missions. Through provision of high quality diagnostic services and the practice of laboratory medicine, the Department supports the wide range of medical care provided at the institution. Training and developing the next generation of healthcare providers, biomedical scientists, and our workforce is given high priority through the creation of educational experiences that introduce recent advances in medical and scientific knowledge into learning, and employ modern instructional techniques. Discovery and application of new information and technologies is fostered by an environment that encourages analytical thought and investigation, laboratory facilities that provide technical expertise to support research, and a wealth of clinical materials that form a rich substrate for translational investigations. In each component of its mission, the Department strives to create an atmosphere that promotes professional development and personal growth.
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP)
- American Society for Investigative Pathology (ASIP)
- Association of Clinical Scientists (ACS)
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)
- American Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI)
- Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC)
- Association of Pathology Chairs (APC)
- Program Directors Section of APC (PRODS)
- Group for Research in Pathology Education (GRIPE)
To view information about our current open faculty positions, please click on the corresponding link.
- 30293 Staff Physician – Anatomic Pathology Department, Lancaster
- 31174 Staff Physician – Anatomic Pathology Department
- 30538 Staff Physician – Anatomic Pathology Department
- 30541 Staff Physician – Anatomic Pathology Department
- 30543 Staff Physician – Anatomic Pathology Department
Dani S. Zander, M.D.
Professor and Chair
Department of Pathology, H083
Penn State M.S. Hershey Medical Center
Penn State College of Medicine
500 University Drive, P.O. Box 850
Hershey, PA, 17033
- The Medical Minute: Genetic testing for breast cancer risk Dr. Rena Kass, director of Penn State Hershey Breast Center, said actress Angelina Jolie’s announcement regarding her double mastectomy is great publicity that will raise awareness about the genetic component of many cancers.More...
- CLIMB program puts families dealing with cancer first Penn State Hershey is hosting another session of CLIMB: Children’s Lives Include Moments of Bravery. Developed by the Children’s Treehouse Foundation, this five-week program sponsored by Penn State Hershey Breast Center addresses the psychosocial aspects of cancer as they relate to the family unit.More...
- Farmers Market in Hershey launches fourth season On Thursday, May 23, the Farmers Market in Hershey will return for its fourth season with plenty of new offerings.More...
- Penn State Hershey experts to present on IBD In an effort to help patients living with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis in central Pennsylvania, Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center experts, led by Dr. Walter Koltun, will host a patient symposium.More...