How to Apply
All applications are taken through ERAS only. We do not accept paper applications.
All applications are considered without regard to race, religion, gender, or national origin.
- Register with the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) for a PL-1 position. All our first-year residency positions are filled through the NRMP.
- Register with the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). All applicants to our residency program must come through ERAS.
- Application Deadline: Due to the volume of applications we receive and the time constraints of individual interviews, we may not consider applications received after December 31
- Complete Application
We require the following items to be included in your application materials:
- Personal Statement
- Dean's Letter and Transcript
- USMLE or COMLEX Scores (Steps I and II, if available) We do not have a minimum score or attempts requirement. We review the whole application and not base our decision solely upon your scores.
- At least three letters of recommendation from faculty members with whom you have worked.
Note: We do not require a letter from your department chairman.
Applications will be reviewed once your ERAS application is complete.
Interviews are by invitation only and, unfortunately, we cannot guarantee you will be able to interview on the date you request. We will, however, do our best to schedule your interview at a time that is convenient for you.
Once we have reviewed your completed ERAS file we will invite qualified applicants for an interview with faculty and residents.
Interviews will be conducted in October through January, excluding holiday breaks. We suggest that you respond to the invitation to interview as quickly as possible. We prefer to interview smaller groups for a more personalized day. Interview days will include a tour of the Children's Hospital and lunch. Your day will begin at 7:30 am and will conclude by 2:45 pm.
If you are invited for an interview, you will be notified by email. If you receive an invitation to interview, you will need to contact our office to schedule your interview date.
We do not have a minimum USMLE score requirement. We review the whole application and not base our decision solely upon your USMLE scores.
International medical graduates must hold a currently valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates prior to January 1 in order to be considered for the match. You may contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, ECFMG, for your application materials and eligibility requirements. Please write to ECFMG-ERAS Program, P.O. Box 13467, Philadelphia, PA 19104-3467, USA, or point your Web browser to www.ecfmg.org to download their form.
- US clinical experience is necessary.
- The selection committee prefers medical school graduation be within the past 5 years.
- J-1 visas
The program will pay for 1 (one) night of your lodging. You will need to call the hotel to make your reservation and hold your room with your credit card. Upon checkout, the hotel will charge the program rather than your credit card.