Cystic Fibrosis Center Research
Our mission as a Cystic Fibrosis Center here at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital is to assure the development of the means to cure and control cystic fibrosis and to improve the quality of life for those with the disease.
Volunteering to participate in a cystic fibrosis clinical research study is one way to contribute to the understanding of the disease. Volunteers are an important link in a long chain of research and testing in the development of new therapies for a broad range of health problems.
During clinical trials, researchers closely evaluate the safety and efficacy of possible new treatments. To get FDA approval of new medications for use by cystic fibrosis patients, the medication must be tested in people with the illness. By becoming involved in this process, cystic fibrosis patients can help in the search for better ways to fight the disease.
Research cannot move forward without your help.
- Learn about CF clinical trials.
- Ask your care center team about participating in trials.
- Join the search for new treatments and a potential cure.
For more information about clinical trials at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital Cystic Fibrosis Center, please contact Research Nurse Coordinators Diane Kitch, 717-531-5646 or Lisa Allwein, 717-531-8196 or talk with your cystic fibrosis provider.
See our current clinical studies.
Information on this page used with permission from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- 19 Penn Staters honored with Alumni Fellow Award Nineteen Penn State alumni will be honored Oct. 21 for their outstanding professional accomplishments and given the lifelong title of Alumni Fellow, the highest award given by the Penn State Alumni Association.More...
- Study to focus on obese women with unexplained infertility Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center’s Dr. Richard Legro, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, is researching the effects of lifestyle modifications in obese women with unexplained infertility. Volunteers are needed for this study.More...
- Penn State Health St. Joseph to celebrate Penn State affiliation with tailgate Penn State Health St. Joseph will celebrate its affiliation with Penn State with a tailgate Oct. 17 at its Bern Township campus. The event will feature free flu shots, the Nittany Lion mascot, games, music, and Berkey Creamery ice cream.More...
- Penn State Berks practical nursing program partners with Penn State Health For the first time, Penn State Berks and Penn State Health St. Joseph are partnering to provide practical nursing students with hands-on patient experience.More...