- Social Work Services - the department of social services is readily available to assist patients and families in accessing programs designed to reduce the hardships associated with childhood cancer.
- Child Life Program - the Child Life Specialists provide support and education for children during their inpatient and outpatient hospital experience.
- Educational Programs -information about the school program at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital designed to assist chronically ill children with school contact and reintegration after prolonged hospital stays.
- Four Diamonds Fund - a fund established to provide financial support to children with cancer. The mission of The Four Diamonds Fund is to conquer childhood cancer by assisting children treated at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital and their families through superior care, comprehensive support and innovative research.
- Maps and Directions
- Patient and Visitor Information
- Ronald McDonald House
- Support Groups
- American Brain Tumor Association
Information specifically about brain tumors of all types. Particularly helpful is the primer on brain tumors.
Sponsored by the National Cancer Institute, it has a good section on childhood cancers.
A national support network that distributes parent and children's newsletters.
- CureSearch from the National Childhood Cancer Foundation. This site is a comprehensive support site that is part of the children's Oncology Study Group.
- Hemophilia Center Information
- Homecare Guide for Children with Cancer
This online guide, written by the staff at the Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital, is useful for the patient and family at home who are managing the many side effects of cancer and its therapy. It will assist you in decisions regarding what you can do to relieve symptoms and whether you need to call a healthcare provider.
- Kallan's Klan
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
The Make-A-Wish Foundation grants wishes to children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
- National Marrow Donor Program Information for patient and families who are undergoing a matched, unrelated donor stem cell transplant.
Information about cancer, both adult and childhood. Section on Pediatric Cancers and specific information about many types of childhood cancer. Much information provided by the National Cancer Institute
- Pediatric Oncology Resource Center
A site created by and for people who know young people who are dealing with cancer. Extensive information.
- South Central Pennsylvania Sickle Cell Council
- The Never Ending Squirrel Tale
A wonderful source of hospital survival techniques, developed by a mother to assist others in their journey through cancer treatment. A very fun and informative site for parents of hospitalized children.
- Childhood Leukemia, A Guide for Families, Friends, and Caregiver, 2nd Edition
By Nancy Keene
- Childhood Cancer Survivors, A Practical Guide to Your Future
By Nancy Keene, Wendy Hobbie, and Kathy Ruccione
- Childhood Brain and Spinal Cord Tumors, A Guide for Families, Friends and Caregivers
By Tania Shaminski-Maher, Patsy Cullen and Maria Sansalone
- You and Leukemia, A Day at a Time
By Lynn S. Baker
Sites about Leukemia
|Solid Tumors |
Sites about Brain Tumors