Pediatric Hematology Service/Pediatric Hematology Consult Clinic
The pediatric hematology service at the Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital provides inpatient and outpatient care for children and adolescents with blood disorders which encompass all types of anemias including sickle cell anemia, iron deficiency, red cell enzyme deficiencies, and red cell membrane disorders; autoimmune disorders including autoimmune hemolytic anemia and Evans syndrome; bleeding disorders including hemophilia and blood clots; hemolytic disease in newborns; and all types of platelet disorders including ITP. The pediatric hematology consult clinic is designed specifically to deal with difficult diagnostic or therapeutic problems. We also have programs in several specifics areas of hematology. These include:
For information or to make a referral contact us at 717-531-6012.
- Barbara A. Miller, M.D., Division Chief
- Moshe D. Bell, M.D., Director, Pediatric Solid Tumor Program
- Melanie A. Comito, M.D., Director, Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Program
- Mary Lynn Fecile, M.D., Director, Pediatric Sickle Cell Program
- Andrew S. Freiberg, M.D.
- Robert Greiner, M.D., Director, Pediatric Survivorship Program
- John E. Neely, M.D.