Pediatric nephrology is a young specialty and the care of children with a wide variety of kidney disorders can still be improved by ongoing research. Since many of the conditions we see are uncommon many pediatric nephrology centers have joined together to learn more by sharing information. Our physicians support the idea that there is strength (and information) in numbers and we are part of several collaborative study groups.
The North American Pediatric Renal Transplant Cooperative Study (NAPRTCS) is the world's largest and most active group of its kind. We participate in the following studies:
- NAPRTCS data collection studies
- Renal transplant patients
- Renal dialysis patients
- Patients with chronic kidney disease
- NIH sponsored, double-blind study on the treatment of Focal Segmental Glomerular Sclerosis (FSGS)
- ESRD Network 4 pediatric data collection studies Ongoing studies for the use of antihypertensive medications in children