Did You Know
- Injuries are the leading cause of death for ages 1 to 44 years.
- Injuries are not accidents. They are predictable and preventable!
- More than 400 injured children are admitted to the hospital each year for care at the Pediatric Trauma Center at The Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
What You Can Do
- Motor vehicle trauma is the leading cause of injury and death.
- Four out of five car seats are not installed correctly or are on recall. Call 531-SAFE for a car seat check location.
- Make sure children are buckled up to prevent serious injury.
- The back seat is the safest place for children.
- Helmets reduce the risk of head injury by 85%.
- Anyone who rides a bike needs a helmet.
- Children must be taught the rules of the road.
- Check smoke detector batteries regularly.
- Store matches and lighters out of the reach of young children,
- Prevent scald burns by setting water heater temperatures below 120 degrees.
- Do not leave children unattended in a bath tub or home pool, even for a minute.