Getting Involved at Penn State Hershey Medical Center
Are you are interested in getting involved at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center to help improve our services and programs?
Please consider the following groups we have created for our patients and families to provide feedback and help improve our hospital.
- Patient- & Family-Centered Care Advisory Council consists of adult patients and family members who have experiences within the Medical Center. This group meets monthly with staff members and works on different projects to improve hospital programs and services.
- Children’s Hospital Family Advisory Council consists of parents of pediatric patients and hospital staff. This group meets monthly and works on different projects to improve hospital services.
- Family Faculty consists of trained patients and families who present to hospital staff on their experiences in the Medical Center and Medical Groups. Hospital staff benefit from hearing different perspectives of the care they provide to patients and families. We regularly have a Family Faculty member speak at new employee orientations, department/staff meetings, resident conferences, and medical school lectures.
- Family Greeters are family members of pediatric patients who volunteer their time and help to orient newly admitted patients and families to the Children's Hospital.
- Patient/Family Mentors are patients and family members who volunteer their time and help support patients and families who are going through similar situations in the Neuroscience Unit. It's often helpful for patients and families to speak with someone who "has been there before." We plan to expand this program to other units in the future.
- Patient/Family Advisors provide feedback and participate in the planning of projects, initiatives, and program development. We currently have a Patient and Family Advisor on the following committees:
- Ethics Committee
- Patient Satisfaction Committee
- Patient Education Committee
- Quality & Safety Committee
- New Children’s Hospital Design Committee
- Various Committees for renovations of units
For more information on any of these groups, please visit our website at www.pennstatehershey.org/FAC.