Plastic Surgery Clerkship
Eligibility for the Visiting Student Program
- Elective rotations are available for medical students in good standing in their final year from schools accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) and the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) within the United States and Canada. In accordance with the Pennsylvania State law, Penn State College of Medicine no longer accepts foreign medical students for any kind of clinical rotation.
- Must have taken and passed core clinical rotations in Medicine, Pediatrics, Family and Community Medicine (or Primary Care Medicine), Psychiatry, Surgery, and Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Must have passed USMLE Step I Examination or COMLEX.
- Must meet Penn State College of Medicine Technical Standards.
- Applicants must be US Citizens or Permanent residents
Requirements for the Visiting Medical Student Application
- A $75 non-refundable application fee for each four-week elective, made payable to Penn State University. If you are applying to two different departments, you must submit a check with each individual application. Payment of the application fee must accompany the Visiting Medical Student application.
- A completed Visiting Medical Student application with Dean's signature or authorized school official signature and school seal.
- Verification of personal health and general liability insurance. General liability limits must be at least $1 million per occurrence/ $3 million aggregate.
- A completed immunization form.
- An official transcript including core clinical clerkship grades.
- A copy of USMLE Step I Examination or COMLEX results.
- Documentation of Universal Precautions training (verified by a statement from the parent medical school).