Welcome to Penn State Hershey Psychiatry
Like all of medicine and health care, psychiatry stands poised on a threshold of great and rapid changes. In the near future, advances in imaging and molecular biology will unlock many of the brain's mysteries, allowing more personalized treatments, based on new understanding of pathophysiology. Psychiatric patients, their families, and society at large will benefit. It is an exciting time to be a physician and to specialize in the evolving specialty of psychiatry. . . Read More
For clinical concerns and appointments, please contact the Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute (PPI) Admissions Department at 717-782-6493 or 866-746-2496.
The Central Pennsylvania Regional Autism Partnership, an ASERT center, was established in December of 2008 through a generous grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare's Bureau of Autism Services. In establishing the ASERT centers, the Bureau is intending to create three regional centers for Autism Service, Education, Research, and Training (ASERT) as a cost-effective way to address the chasm between research and quality diagnostic and intervention practices. The establishment of these three centers is a direct result of the work of the Autism Task Force, which recommended development and funding of regional centers as a means to leverage work from the research community.
For full stories and to see a complete listing, please click on one of the items below:
- "Get Psyched" Wins ShapeUp Wellness Challenge
- Penn State Psychiatry Welcomes New Faculty.
- Congratulations to Dr. Aditya Joshi and Dr. Jolene Hillwig-Garcia.
- Fauzia Mahr, M.D. awarded 2013 Junior Faculty Teaching Excellence Award
- Susan Calhoun, PhD Awarded ABPP Diplomate Status
- Nine Psychiatry Faculty Members Named to 2013 Best Doctors in America
- Postdoctoral Scholar Julio Fernandez-Mendoza, PhD Receives Honors
- Alan J. Gelenberg, M.D. Interviewed for Patriot News/Penn Live Article
- Child Psychiatry Fellows Jitendra Annapareddy, M.D. and Lance Feldman, M.D. Pass Adult Psychiatry Boards
- Congratulations to Fauzia Mahr, M.D. and Mary Jo Laudermilch, CRNP on Patient Satisfaction Scores
- Bixler Named Keynote Speaker for SLEEP 2013
- Congratulations to Alan Gelenberg, M.D. on Successful Four Diamonds 5K Run
- Hameed and Joshi Receive Dean's Awards for Excellence in Teaching
- Psychiatry Welcomes Ajay Bhandari, M.D. and Azim Shahsavar, M.D.
- Department of Psychiatry Promotions
- Congratulations to Jolene Hillwig-Garcia, M.D.
- Alan J. Gelenberg, M.D. Interviewed for Realage.com Article
- Aditya Joshi, M.D. and Jolene Hillwig-Garcia, M.D. Accepted Into 2012-2013 Junior Faculty Development Program
- Graduate Student Jonathan Harris Receives CTSI TL1 Career Development Award
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship Recognized by AACAP's 100% Club
- Vaginally administered ED medication may alleviate menstrual cramping Women with moderate to severe menstrual cramps may find relief in a class of erectile dysfunction drugs, according to a team of researchers led by Penn State College of Medicines Richard Legro.More...
- This week is Inflammatory Bowel Disease Awareness Week Dec. 1-7 is National Crohn’s and Colitis Awareness Week. The Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center is the only multi-disciplinary program in the region for patients living with these diseases.More...
- Progress in Personalized Medicine at Penn State The next Research Quality Assurance Lunchtime Lecture is “Progress in Personalized Medicine at Penn State.” It will be presented by James R. Broach, professor and chair, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, director, Penn State Hershey Institute for Personalized Medicine.More...
- Radiology education professor Flemming to present as distinguished educator A Conversation with Distinguished Educators will be held at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11, in C4702 (Physiology Conference Room) on the Penn State College of Medicine campus. Dr. Donald Flemming, G. Victor Rohrer Professor of Radiology Education and vice chair for education, will present “The Challenges of Defining and Assessing Competency.”More...